. Net Framework <=> FTXG Installation issue

vgb

I guess we have different Windows versions.

I have 8.

You may need to tick the two unticked boxes so the

the blue square against .net 3.5 is empty.

Does the .net 4.5 appear in your list of installed

programs as in your last post instead?

If not we might have found your problem

(wishful thinking I expect) ::)

Regards,

Nick.

rgr, Nick

I have W7 installed here looks like Vas his screenie with the exception that tick is applied at my end, as it is also grey I assume it's a essential service that needs to be running.

and Vas, no worries, as stated before I feel your frustration, it has me frustrated as well.

Hi, :)

Yes I did it. I run the FTX Central and got the usual error.

I re-booted and re-run the installer of the FTX Global, and guess what, I got the usual error

You see, another thing is that there is no uninstaller, so every time I re-install upon the old files. 

Try this if you like.

Below is a link to my copy of cscomp.dll.

Click on the link.

This will take you to Box where you can save the file to your PC.

Back up your copy of C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\cscomp.dll

and insert mine in its place.

Reboot your computer and try the installation again.

https://app.box.com/s/1hwfy8mgmy0oalsjceb0

Regards,

Nick

Hi guys,

** GREAT SUCCESS ** ::)

After the advise of the team, I went to look solutions for .NET problems, having in mind that something is wrong with the cscomp.dll file.

Then, Nick sent me the above link, and tried to replace the existed cscomp.dll with Nick's but that was not possible. Probably because is part of the Windows.

Finally I found the following: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-us

with the title: "Use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7".

Following the instructions I found that my cscomp.dll in \windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\ was damaged indeed.

I replaced it, according what is written there, and  that's it. FTX is running perfect!! 

Now I have trees, vector lights, and this great scenery.

Thank you all very much, and especially I want to thank Nick and Wolter for your effort and your time (and for the file Nick).

Now I am waiting for the release of the openLC's

Cheers,

Vas

• 2 years later...

I've tried all these suggestioons, including reinstalling FSX, NET Framework v4.0.30319, running the cmd system check which found no problem. Frustration is about to make me give up on the product,

I don't want to though. Just tried reinstalling FTX Global again and as soon as the FTX Central box opens I I get the FTX Configurator.exe .NET Framework Initialization Error message telling me I need v4.0.30319, which I have. Any Idea what I need to do.

Tim FSS0404681

Archived