bug graphic only me or it's normal for all user

bizzyd

Hello

i have noticed this bug graphic

coordonate: 43° 38' 66" and 01°19' 98" near LFBO summer season and original screenshot (not modified)

886636fsscr000.jpg

You too or it's just me ?

Ps: before FTXG i had GEX 

thank You so much and sorry for my bad english

That's not a bug: I have it too. That's just some vector landclass trying to show a small forrest there. That it runs right over those houses is a simple limitation of landclass. I also have UTX and with UTX I see that same piece of forest but lying in fields because of the UTX landclass, so it looks better by accident. ;)

EDIT
Wolter posted while I was flying over there. ;) Odd to see Wolter doesn't have it indeed, because I DO have the EXACT same patch of forest there! With AND without UTX enabled. Weird. FSX is weird. ;) Anyway, since byzzid isn't the only one who has this AND since (afaik) it's nothing uncommon, I don't think this is a bug.

It's not UTX because I have that patch of trees there with or without UTX. But as I said, I don't think it's a bug because it's simply a polygon, vector landclass, or whatever you call it. You can see things like that all over the FSX globe. The only 'problem' is that in this case it accidently runs through some houses. With UTX it doesn't. So imho it's not a bug but simply a limitation of FSX.

Maybe Wolter doesn't have it due to that mesh, although the area is too flat, I think... but mesh certainly does have an effect on landclass (because of slopes etc.). Anyway, most people have it so if there is one guy who has a bug, it's Wolter and not you, bizzyd! :P

Hi guys,

actually, Jeroen's other hunch was correct: it's not a forest polygon but a mesh step. FSX automatically switches most urban and agricultural landclass textures to forest or rock on steeper slopes in order to prevent autogen houses half floating or buried and farmland crawling up hillsides. The default mesh at that location has a north/south aligned step in it, which causes that straight block of forest. If you drop down to ground level you'll see how the forest edges align with the terrain gradient.

The reason Wolter doesn't see it is because he's using a replacement mesh. I don't have FS Global but if I activate my FS Genesis terrain mesh for Europe the forest "corridor" disappears as well.

Cheers, Holger

Archived