FTXG DEFALT SCENERY

Hi all could I ask a question about  scenery in the Library of fsx when having ftxg  installed I have France vfr Truelandscape France and Asttec photoreal scenery for Luxembourg installed .

My  question is should FTXG be on the top above all installed addons in the Library of fsx . 

I look forward to any help on this regards Stewart .  

Hi I have orbxiopenLc_europe1 at the top of my scenery library and obbxiopenLc_base second in my scenery Library I  think this is because I  have ftx Europe installed England , wales , Scotland

should you keep this above any entry's in fsx ftxg scenery library of fsx with installed scenery addons that I have for Europe like open vfr and France vfr  scenery ect . , 

Hi I have orbxiopenLc_europe1 at the top of my scenery library and obbxiopenLc_base second in my scenery Library I  think this is because I  have ftx Europe installed England , wales , Scotland

should you keep this above any entry's in fsx ftxg scenery library of fsx with installed scenery addons that I have for Europe like open vfr and France vfr  scenery ect . , 

When JJJackson said FTXG doesn't install into the library he was totally right. But FTXG DOES put something into the library and those are the two entries you just mentioned. ;) (And orbxlibs btw if you didn't have that one already) So keep those OpenLC entries at the top: they are added by FTXG (and not those Europe regions) and they belong there!

So keep those OpenLC entries at the top: they are added by FTXG (and not those Europe regions) and they belong there!

Wait, really?  Keep the OpenLC entries at the top of the scenery priority list?  That is not something I have heard before, and so I am questioning this.

Wait, really?  Keep the OpenLC entries at the top of the scenery priority list?  That is not something I have heard before, and so I am questioning this.

They are at the top of the Scenery Library (don't know if you mean the same with 'the scenery priority list'). They are put there by default when you install FTXG (together with orbxlibs). And since you probably want to use that landclass, there is no reason why they should not be at the top... I don't really understand what's being questioned here... :)

They are at the top of the Scenery Library (don't know if you mean the same with 'the scenery priority list'). They are put there by default when you install FTXG (together with orbxlibs). And since you probably want to use that landclass, there is no reason why they should not be at the top... I don't really understand what's being questioned here... :)

They are put there by default, that is true -- anything you install will be at the top, in the beginning at least, right when it is first installed.  But not sure that they need to be at the top -- in fact I am not even 100% sure that it even matters.  Remember we have an 'set insertion point' feature in FTX Central. 

They are put there by default, that is true -- anything you install will be at the top, in the beginning at least, right when it is first installed.  But not sure that they need to be at the top -- in fact I am not even 100% sure that it even matters.  Remember we have an 'set insertion point' feature in FTX Central. 

Ah, ok, even though JV posted somewhere to leave them there they don't HAVE to be at the top indeed: if you want to use that OpenLC landclass you only have to make sure they are above other LC entries. They could be number 30 and 31 and as long as other landclass is below it, they will be used. So as long as you want to use the OpenLC entries they might as well stay at the top, which is what I meant to say. I see now that I said yesterday 'they belong there' which on its own sounds indeed questionable: as if its mandatory. But that's not how I meant it: I meant to say it's okay if those entries are there and that stewart1 shouldn't remove them.

Ah, ok, even though JV posted somewhere to leave them there they don't HAVE to be at the top indeed: if you want to use that OpenLC landclass you only have to make sure they are above other LC entries. They could be number 30 and 31 and as long as other landclass is below it, they will be used. So as long as you want to use the OpenLC entries they might as well stay at the top, which is what I meant to say. I see now that I said yesterday 'they belong there' which on its own sounds indeed questionable: as if its mandatory. But that's not how I meant it: I meant to say it's okay if those entries are there and that stewart1 shouldn't remove them.

OK now then maybe I am wrong here -- if JV posted that they had to stay at the top, then I want to get confirmation of that. 

OK now then maybe I am wrong here -- if JV posted that they had to stay at the top, then I want to get confirmation of that. 

Well, JV telling someone to 'leave them there' is something else than JV telling someone 'they HAVE to be there'!

The manual covers this on page 14.  They do not need to on top but they should be above any FTX entries (interesting) and as you pointed out they should be above any other LC that they should take priority over.

If we look at the Scenery Library menu (FSX shown below; select Settings | Scenery Library) in this example we

can see two new entries added after the FTX Global installation. These entries are NOT tied to any Orbx FTX

folders like before, meaning you can move them up or down as you wish. This will allow our openLC landclass

to work in conjunction with other third party landclass products.

The simple rule to remember is that the highest priority in the Scenery Library always takes precedence, so if

you want a particular landclass product to override openLC or other products, just move it higher in the

Scenery Library.

IMPORTANT: You must always place the ORBX!OPENLC_BASE folder below all other ORBX!OPENLC* folders in

the scenery library, otherwise the fixes to SE Asia, Greece, Spain etc will not work correctly.

So then if I have, say, some payware airports (non-ORBX) that have a LC entry specific to that aiport, then logically I would want my OpenLC entry to be below that, correct?  Or not so?

Archived