All I get is black squares

kesmez

Hi, I downloaded, ran, and activated via ftx central the only ftx area (global) that I have. But I only get this:

c5iu.png

(sorry I could'nt use your suggestion for uploading the image)

I need help, and english is not my first language so please don't answer as you would for an english speeking person.

The graphics card is fine I think, when I zoom around the area around the plane is made of these stretched bitmaps while outside the load perimeter everything is normal. You know you see the earth from space and everything looks fine except around the aircraft.

Hi there,

thanks for posting the order number. It's a bit difficult to tell from the small screenshot but it looks like perhaps a corrupt terrain.cfg file. Make a backup copy of your current version (in the main FSX folder) and then overwrite it with a copy of the terrain.cfg located in the \ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Work folder (it's a backup copy of the FSX default terrain.cfg). Then run FTX Central again, select Global and click Apply, then start FSX and check the scenery. Let us know if that worked.

Cheers, Holger

Hi there,

odd that. Do you happen to use Addon Converter X because it's known to alter ground textures when active?

If that's not it what is the date stamp of the file "lclookup.bgl" in your \Scenery\BASE\Scenery folder when FTX Central is set to Global with Hybrid?

Cheers, Holger

I think it happaned when I tried to use both tapatalk with my I phone  and Windows explorer with the pc to sign in. Anyway I tought I was banned. 

Back to the topic:

"If that's not it what is the date stamp of the file "lclookup.bgl" in your \Scenery\BASE\Scenery folder when FTX Central is set to Global with Hybrid?"

my lclookup.bgl file's timestamp is:12:07:2013 11:02

What does that mean? how do you set ftx central to global with hybrid?

I reloaded the backedup textures and I still have the same result....

Thanks for your help.

I have reinstalled fsx on another drive, disabled all antivirus, ran the installer as administrator, did follow the installation instructions, and I still got the same result. There is no other add on; nothing but ftx global.

Ä°s this because I use acceleration instead of sp2?

Please give me a clue I am not able to fly for ten days now.

Hi there,

FTXG works fine with either Acceleration or SP2. 

The date stamp of lclookup was correct for FTX Global meaning that part of the installation went OK. Obviously something else is amiss. I assume you've looked at your new FSX installation before adding FTXG and there were no issues?

From your screenshots it looks as if FSX cannot find any of the landclass ground textures, which are stored in \Scenery\World\texture. However, if FSX worked OK before installing FTXG that situation shouldn't change since FTXG just replaces the default set with its own. How many files are in your \Scenery\World\texture folder?

Something else you could try is replacing your current terrain.cfg again as I suggested above, just this time don't run FTX Central and check FSX right away.

Cheers, Holger

I replaced the terrain.cfg and did not run ftx central but the result is the same. Ä°t seems that it only has one image that it stretches to the whole area divided by squares. Ä°s this something about the placement of the texture files that are incorrect or need to be configured somewhere in fsx?

Thanks.

Hi kezmez,

if you have Acceleration installed, then you could try and run a "repair"

1st set FTX Central to "global" untick the 3 selection boxes and hit Apply, close FTX Central.

2nd insert the Acceleration DVD and select repair, let it finish doing it's thing

3rd when finished, fire up fsX it will start rebuilding it's Dbase etc etc

4th have a little flight, just to confirm all is back to basic fsX again, close fsX

5th run the FTX Global installer to re-install FTX Global and follow the prompts on screen

6th when finished the install make sure to hit Apply in FTX Central for the region you want to use or FTX Global for that matter as well

let me know how you fare

Hello, and thank you for your support. I tried your suggetions.

I unticked the boxes at ftx central but there were two boxes instead of three. Here is the image:

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2199/knwk.png

I continued nevertheless and ran repair for acceleration from the DVD.

Restarted fsx and it rebuilded the databases,

Maked a flight and everything was the same as before. Here is the image:

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/5051/zq6t.png

Is it possible that my main download of ftx global was corrupt in some way?

Hope you can give me a solution.

Cheers. Ä°lhan

Any other sugestions? I am still in need of help.

I would download FTX Global again just to rule out any corruption issues with the original.

I would then do a clean fresh install of FSX, test after install to make sure all is working. Then install Acceleration, test after install. Do not install any other add-ons or make any fsx.cfg changes. If all is working, then install the new download of FTX Global.

The screenshots you posted look like corruption.

I know a clean install is a huge hassle, but at this point makes the most sense.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Hi,

I downloaded ftx global again, had a clean install of fsx and acceleration  no other add-on and installed ftx global I have done the instructions and ended up with the same result. I need a more radical suggestion here. Is there any other case where ftxg did not work at all? I am not willing to reinstall fsx the 4th time. Please if someone can help.

cheers.

Which Anti Virus program are you using ?

make sure that the files are extracted to a folder of their own

right click the exe and run the installer as administrator

if there are any error notifications, then be so kind and share them with us

When you re-installed fsX did you start/run it before installing the Acceleration pack ?

what hardware is your hardware setup ?

What is your Operating system ?

Also, just to be clear when you say you did a clean install of FSX, all the files in the hidden (windows 7) directory  "C:\Users\%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX" are clean new copies (ie. dll.xml, fsx.cfg, scenery.cfg).

You would have had to manually remove this directory otherwise the new install may be using older files from this directory. If you had removed this directory then a new one would have been created with fresh clean files when you re-installed. If this is the case  and everything is new then we may be able to rule out an older file in this directory causing the problem.

As Wolter asked in the above post   - need hardware and OS info - what video card and video drivers are you using.

Hi,

For Uninstalling and reinstalling FSX I used the guide that is found on PMDG's web site. And yes I cleared the appdata\roaming\Microsoft\fsx folder. I did run fsx for one time before I installed acceleration in order for the fsx.cfg to be created. I did not have any antivirus program on while running the installation of ftxg and I ran the installer as administrator. I use Windows 7 64 bit. my configuration is:

Asus Laptop

I7 2.2 ghz 8gb of ram Geforce gt540M cüda 2gb and fsx is on drive d: as d:/fsx

I realy don't want to reinstall fsx the 4th time. I still got 10s af add ons to reinstall.

Thanks.

Kezmez, Please refrain from cross-posting in other peoples' support threads.  Whilst your issue may appear similar, from the screenshots you have posted it looks completely different from the threads you have posted in, and only serves to confuse these threads, and your own issue!

Sticking to this single thread is the best chance of solving your particular problem.

Out of interest, is your version of Windows English, or other language.

I have bought England pack.For global I guess its the same problem.How did I solve it :

First in scenery library take top of the orbx product.After use start and run %allusersprofile%\Microsoft\FSX.You'll see scenery.cfg. Open scenery.cfg below [Area.001] add Texture_ID=1 it will be ok.

My problem was solved in EU pack.I hope it works for you too.

Hi,

I think this gentelman is from Turkey. A couple of users from Turkey suffered from similar issue, including me. may be the same problem.

We overcomed it by a adding a simple comment. Thanks for Omer for his recommendation.

This may work.

you should search %allusersprofile%\Microsoft\FSX in your search tab inside the start menu. A folder called FSX should come up. When you open this folder there should be 2 scenery.cfg files. one should say ORBX backup. You should open the other one and add this line Texture_ID=1 under the [Area.001] and then save it and quit it. This should solve the problem.

Archived