FTX Global rural fields scale!

norfolk mike

If you are expecting a criticism, then hold your horses! I was assuming FTX Global would look pretty much like GEX, but with more colour saturation. No bad thing in itself, but hey, I wasn't expecting rural East Anglia to actually look like Rural East Anglia! This is almost Photo Scenery, and for my favoured kind of WW2 retro flying, Global will be the perfect platform, as I'd hoped, but dare not assume! Guys, you have got this SO right!

2m9a.jpg

y860.jpg

Yes, it's great! These new fields also completely transformed the Netherlands, which used to look like southern France with all those little fields. The screenshots I have seen from GEX also had the same problem. But FTXG nailed it!!!

I suppose though that this fix might have ruined it for others because I read a post somewhere else that the fields had become too large in a certain area... But well, you can't please everybody. But I am VERRRRRRRRRY pleased! ;)

Indeed but then you should try Rural East Anglia with FTX-EU ENG.

Oh but I have! Its lovely, but just a little TOO "of this era" for the retro flying I mentioned lol. I now have FTX EU England ( Wales and Bonnie Scotland) On P3D, with global, and the same on FSX with England, Wales and Scotland deactivated for those rip roaring buzz jobs of the local terrain without the fear of wrapping the kite around a wind turbine! (lol). Bring on the FTX "Historical Airfield" ;D

Archived