I want EU England but have Global FTX so ?

uksfpred

I live in England so naturally do alot of VFR and ILS in my country, so my question is. .

having just bought the global FTX (which is stunning by the way!) is it really worth me purchasing the FTX EU England package?

I am tempted because I know they have fully updated all major airports where as FTX hasnt touched airports, but if this is the only difference?  is it worth paying out . .

thoughts please  i am torn :/

Indeed it's worth it... FTX Global is only replacement textures. FTX EU ENG is textures, hand placed landclass, roads, railways, upgraded airports, custom POI, coastlines and terrain mesh... 

Even if you're using UTX Europe FTX EU ENG is still a huge step up and it's pretty inexpensive compared to other packages out there. Plus the FTX ENG Airport series blend perfectly with FTX EU ENG region...

so i can run the 2 together?

If you mean FTX EU ENG and GLOBAL, then yes...

FTX EU ENG will simply sit on top of global and do it's thing for England, whereas Global will continue to do it's thing for everywhere else... Just select GLOBAL with Hybrid Mode ON in the FTX Central app and you're good to go (you can even fly outside of ENG area and not even notice the transition ;) )

One thing  I would mention, just as a heads up, FTX Global uses an updated version of FTX Central... Installing ENG after Global might install an older version which can lead to some very minor issues... Easily fixed though... See here:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/61838-ftx-global-ftx-central-overwritten-by-older-products/

And download this:

http://myftx.com/orbxfreeware/FTXORBXLIBS_130723_CORE.zip

Archived