openvfr - FTXG ( roads, everywhere roads )

derfsxpilot

Hi,

today I tried openvfr. While I like the placing of the textures a little bit more than default, these roads killing my experience ! can I get rid of them ? 

I´ve made 2 screens.

first is pure FTXG ( I really like it ! Cities are great and even better than openvfr, but other than cities, openvfr is better )

ixawceut.jpg

2nd is with openvfr ( these roads  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  ) 

8xqqkwjc.jpg

Location is Amsterdam btw

Can I get rid of those roads ? I remember when I used to got UTX, that there options for roads, but it´s too far behind me.

Hi,

I also had the same problems with OpenVFR and FTX Global for Sweden. I couldn't find any other sollution for the road-problem but to remove OpenVFR altogether. :(  So I have so far decided to go back to UTX Europe, which is the best looking combination for FTX Global I have had in my try outs. Well, let's hope someone find a sollution for this, as OpenVFR is the best choise for accurate landclass for many areas.

Regards,

Torbjörn Kuntze

I experienced the same with OpenVFR Germany - the problem is that OpenVFR just uses unedited OpenStreetMaps Data for roads, which means that every single road that appears in OSM will show up in FSX, no matter how insignificant it is. UTX on the other hand has an option to turn off the "minor" roads while leaving the major ones and the freeways intact. This is a good compromise between realism and visuals, but I fear that is beyond the scope of OpenVFR. I removed it too, which is a pity because, as mentioned above, the landclass data is excellent.

Cheers,

Fabian

yeah,  I have lots of openVFR and, it's an issue.  Bruce the issue with the roads is three things.

1.) textures in FTX global include pictures of roads, but they can't match up with the ones that OpenVFR uses, so it looks like a jumbled mess.

2.) the roads in OpenVFR are accurate-ish, but can look a little jaggy, due to the source data.

3.)Autogen textures can't display on roads, so wherever there are high concentrations of these roads (cities) it inhibits the correct amount of autogen buildings and trees from displaying.  thus, just in the areas where you need the most autogen to make it look right, you have less.  if you have their openVFR buildings addon, this is less of an issue.

I do like OpenVFR, but this does raise one of its most significant weaknesses.  each open VFR country is ONE bgl file.  so all the data for roads, rivers coastlines and landclass is in one file, you either enable it, or you disable it.  theres no "turning off" certain parts of the program, like you can with UTX.

The vegetation landclass is something special though, much better than in other products I own.

Archived