Terrain not right

tgiesige

I suspect that its just as  you said, golf course texture....and that's how it should look until its modified into a golf course polygon custom fit to the landclass.

If you buy the AU region you will see beautifully fitting textures custom mapped to the area.

You have got to be kidding me ! 100.00 to replace my default FSX textures whick looked for the most part at least right, maybe not pretty as Global, but at least it looked right !

Wow , so your telling me, that if I want it to look right , I need to spend more money ? Maybe, cutomers should have been told this ! Wow, shocked, I spent a days wage for this

and told to buy more to make it right !  Wow, Just wow, unbelievable!

Wow, just unbelievable that you bought something you know nothing about. FTX Global is a TEXTURE replacement. And it does nothing else. If the FSX landclass tells FTX Global to put a texture somewhere, it does. Stock FSX has the same "wrong" texture there as well.

Don't blame others if your false expectations aren't met.

Pipe up dude ! Asked you nothing !!! Unless you work for Orbx,  Zip it ! Dont hijack others threads, just because I dont see it your way.

I am speaking with Orbx and prefer you not trying to agitate me, "Bone Head" !

Pipe up dude ! Asked you nothing !!! Unless you work for Orbx,  Zip it ! Dont hijack others threads, just because I dont see it your way.

I am speaking with Orbx and prefer you not trying to agitate me, "Bone Head" !

Maybe you should take a cold shower and calm down.

And the next thing you should do is thinking about the non sense and no brain sentences and words you are writing.

Don't blame others if your false expectations aren't met.

very nice of you,

on your support post you weren’t so excited when things didn’t meet your expectation

fact you were so disappointed; you were looking to uninstall the product before Mr. Venema came to your rescue

and why do you say he is wrong expecting landclass when they clearly state landcalss update

product_FTXG_features1.jpg

not everyone are as articulate as some people are

does that mans he should be treated differently because of his word selection

while completely ignoring the merits of his complaint

right, let’s focus on that; because that’s what’s important in his complaint

Chris Bell,

(HC, VATIL)

You have got to be kidding me ! 100.00 to replace my default FSX textures whick looked for the most part at least right, maybe not pretty as Global, but at least it looked right !

Wow , so your telling me, that if I want it to look right , I need to spend more money ? Maybe, cutomers should have been told this ! Wow, shocked, I spent a days wage for this

and told to buy more to make it right !  Wow, Just wow, unbelievable!

One should read carefully the descriptions before buying any product. There were so many previews from ORBX and now many shots from customers. Why didn't you wait till you were sure to understand what you will buy?

Spirit

(Rant on)

Perhaps this could be an example of failure to read, heed and understand, over hyping a product and plain lack of clear information due to too much discussion of Global's capabilities.  A casual flight simmer (not familiar with what and how ORBX products are and do) see all the info good and bad on the web and says hey this will 'fix' all my FSX problems cause it is a "new flight simulator" (almost).  WRONG! of course but it is obvious that it is a problem from many posts found on the site.

I bought and installed Global with absolutely no problems, it does what it says it does, replaces my FSX default textures with better ones, not perfect, but better than what was there.  Does it make FSX a new simulator NO, does it make it faster, NO, does it cook my breakfast, NO, (so I wont marry it!) does it improve my FSX and make it more enjoyable, YES.  Could it be better, of course it could but my pockets are not that deep.

I have an antiquated, slow, by today's standards, system that runs FSX without added bells and whistles and a bucket full of addons because they would kill FSX performance.  Perhaps this is why my experience with install and operation were exactly what the instructions said it would be.  The computer isn't trying to do a gazillion different applications all at the same time and while my sim might be less capable than yours it works as advertised and give me enjoyment and entertainment.

If I get really 'antsy' for a better experience I can always drive out to the airport, plunk down my cash and rent a plane and bore holes for a bit, not flying off carriers like I did as a young man but still in the air.  FSX is a "simulator" it ain't real and no matter how much money you throw at it. it is still a simulator so enjoy what it can do but accept its and addons limitations and in the end you "pays your money and you takes your chances" just like anything else purchased in this old world.

(Rant off)

Dear tgiesige,

You will see that if you go back to default textures, all the problems you are talking about are still there in stock FSX. The golf courses etc are all there, they are not put in by Global. Global just has covers them with much prettier textures.

Mr. Venema was giving you a perfectly fine suggestion to check out their Australia product, which has HAND PLACED land class, custom points of interest, and so on that will make it look much better.

Archived