3d light visibility distance

Mark A

Hi all,

Looking to purchase FTXG to enhance my European textures, but one question I haven't seen answered relates to the 3D light visibility limit.

Is it better than GEX lighting, which - for me at least - seems to have a very limited sight distance of maybe 5-10 miles.

Otherwise it's looking like a worthwhile purchase!

lol Andrew show me :) and I will eat my words.

Ok bear with me a mo :)

http://gex.flight1.net/Gex_Eu/Features.htm

Bullet point 17 & 18!

lol Andrew show me  :) and I will eat my words.

Here you go no lights edit It does mention lights but I am talking about lights with poles not a graphic representation I should have been more specific - thanks

http://gex.flight1.net/Gex_UsCan/Features.htm

Oh ok - but still it does have lights :)

I don't think Global has poles does it?

BTW it's (Global) a lovely scenery though

Global has floating lights not a graphic as GEX does - Global is super Andrew - now that was fun wasn't it lol, take care.

Experience X has another such product, actually very similar to Global

Some friendly respectful banter does have its place :)

You take care too

Please do not install Experience X lights over FTXG - they don't work with FTXG and will totally screw up our 3D lighting. That addon is designed for FSX default, plus they have added support for GEX I believe.

GEX does not include 3D floating lighting like FTXG does.

Our 3D lights have a very far viewing distance, much further than our older lighting in our FTX Regions, and before you ask, yes we will add our new lighting to our older FTX regions.

Thanks so much John consider it done - On the way to work wondering why I had no trees in my screenshots dah cfg file set to next to nothing to work with payware tree program (you know the one) lol cant wait to get the tree cell back where it belongs tonight, will not be using that program with global.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

I have to dig this one out: while I was approaching Barcelona yesterday, I realized, that my 3D lights are not as far displayed as on all the screenshots here in the forums, I would say, it is only about half this distance and clearly popping up when I fly above a big city. Now I wonder, if some settings within my FSX could be the reason for this. How is the display distance of the 3D lights actually controlled? How could I increase this distance?

Guess what I did when I installed Global? Not every user is stupid btw...

Your computer probably can't keep up over bigger cities with all the draw calls. Work on maximizing your texture loading by balancing tweaks/settings that help that.

Really nothing else you can do. FSX's autogen loading radius is frustrating like that. It's the biggest eyesore in the code IMO.

Archived