FTX Global uninstall

dragosberzovan

We have not yet released the Uninstaller. That will come in the next day or so. More importantly, do you choose the backup option when you installed FTXG?

Before jumping to an uninstall, would it not be wiser to let us investigate why you are getting 5 FPS? Not one of the developers of testers encountered any dramatic slowdown with FTXG over its development period. Since we only replace your previous textures with the same sized 1024x1024 textures, the only thing that may be dragging performance down would be our denser autogen, a heavily fragmented hardrive, or lack of empty HD space for the OS to use. Another cause people have found for low FPS is an specific ordering of landclass scenery layers in the scenery library.

So if you can tell us how much free HD space you have and any other FS scenery addons you have installed, that would be a good start.

With pleasure, John.

First of all, here's my system: Intel Core i7-3820 on 3.8GHz, 16GB RAM, running W8 64bit pro. System resides on a 160GB SSD, 73.1 GB free. FSX resides on a 256 GB SSD, 123 GB free, I run a GTX 680 with 4GB Vram.

No overclocking.

What do I have installed in FSX? Well, apart from the FSGenesis world mesh, I have Scenerytech Landclass for Europe and UTX Europe. In UTX Europe, traffic is turned of, lights are turned off. In Germany I have nearly all payware airports installed. I also have all FTX regions for England installed.

Orbx! openLC_Europe1 is first in the scenery.cfg, then orbx!openLC Base.

After that, German airports and their landclasses are ordered like suggested by Aerosoft.

Below that, there is UTX, ordered like recommended by Flight1.

Scenerytech Landclass resides between UTX urban and vegetation, as recommended by Flight1.

UT Landclass - Custom (Europe only) is disabled, as per a recommendation here in the forums.

Injection Point for FTX England is just above UTX, but the only things visible here are the FTXAA_ORBXLIBS and some FTX_AA airports when everything is set to Global.

Below Edwards_AFB and stuff down to Reno I have German Landmarks, European Landmarks (both from the same product, recommended to be there).

Below is VFR-Airfields Library and then MyTraffic.

The meshes from FSGenesis are below that in seperate entries for the continents, then the "propeller objects" and from there on it's all stock.

My scenery.cfg is validated.

My fsx.cfg is tuned by Bojote's tool, but the symptoms are the same with a stock .cfg

My graphic settings are like recommended by you (ok, more clouds)

And here are the symptoms I encounter ONLY after I installed FTX Global:

Everything starts out normal FPS-wise. But the longer the flight lasts, the lower they drop. This happens everywhere, but it's way faster in city areas than in rural regions.

Changing camera adds to that effect.

This goes down to a slideshow with 2fps. Even lowering graphical settings will not change this.

When I start a flight at the location all came to a crawl, I am back to 30fps again - and I see the continuous degrading again then.

When I end the flight after such a slideshow, the FSX window for free flight shows the plane, but no backdrop (landscape) for a couple of seconds. Only then the backdrop appears again.

Hope this infos are useful.

No problems at all on my end.  My frame rates didn't change...runs smooth, and I'm maxed out on my sliders inside FSX except one and I don't recall which one right now.

Hope you get it figured out.

Rod

Thank you for the information! I shall wait for the uninstaller, then. I want to uninstall FTG Global from Prepar3d because I want to uninstall Prepar3d eventually (for perfomance reasons, not FTX Global related).

FSX performance is far bettter and FTX Global is running great! So I guess I'll stick with FSX + Global textures.

Ok, I think I got it solved. Despite running on Global setting, the entries for England, Wales and Scotland showed up in my scenery.cfg.

What I did was that I switched to Europe, and then instantly back to Global.

My current flight was smooth as butter.

Ok, I think I got it solved. Despite running on Global setting, the entries for England, Wales and Scotland showed up in my scenery.cfg.

What I did was that I switched to Europe, and then instantly back to Global.

My current flight was smooth as butter.

I don't get what this is doing to have fixed your problem.  I do get the UTX night lights issue though.

Archived