FTX Global 3D lights on vector roads

some1

Should they work with vector roads added by UTX? If so, what is the proper procedure to enable them?

On my FSX I see FTX 3D lights only on textures' roads, even if I turn on "vector road lights" in the FTX central.

The vector lights work 100% correctly with certain types of FSX/P3D arterial roads which have a specific GUID. If UTX is using a different GUID for their arterial roads then our vector lights won't find them. We will investigate further for you and if we fix a fix we'll add it to a patch.

The vector lights work 100% correctly with certain types of FSX/P3D arterial roads which have a specific GUID. If UTX is using a different GUID for their arterial roads then our vector lights won't find them. We will investigate further for you and if we fix a fix we'll add it to a patch.

You guys are simply amazing!

Great to receive a possible fix from yours regarding the UTX lighting at roads!

I noted the same issue - here are three quick shots from a first test flight around Vienna with UTX EU installed.

Day:

xUcy7.jpg

Night (no lights visible):

QvSMm.jpg

... and here UTX roads and "non UTX roads" with ORBX Global lights only in use:

Mpk1i.jpg

Cheers, Christoph

P.S.: I am still in my re- and new install-procedures - but what i have seen so far from FTX Global is simply amazaing!

GREAT WORK!

... can't wait to head for my first serious test flight!

I need to ask again in this thread as the other is already marked as answered.

If I activate the option vector lights in FTX Central for Europe I do not have any 3d lights anywhere in the UK or Wales or Scotland.

The only thing happens that I do not have any RWY lights (white) only Taxilights. If I disable the option and restart the sim (P3D) I have the RWY lights back.

What could be the reason? John answered the question already in the other thread as another user had a similar problem and stated that FTX is not influencing the default lights in the sim but it is the case with me.

Help would be highly appreciated.

I do have to sleep :)

I've just woken up, made a coffee, now reading forums.

I will bring this to Eugene's attention to investigate. Perhaps for now set FTX Central to 'FTX Global' with Hybrid Mode and Vector Lights ticked, and report back on those locations again.

Yes indeed, you need also some rest, no doubt about it  ::)

and yes I did this already, FTX Central to FTXG and all three options checked, Trees, hybrid and vector lights active, 

No lights in UK and RWY lights gone......London; Bristol;  Cardiff all dark! 

Lights only in Default scenery, like Germany and there they are looking superb!

John I remember that you made screenshots over Berlin using openVFR LC files. Have you noticed frame rate drop during night?

I was affected that the sim became unflyable the moment the lights came on. After disableing the openVFR terrain in the libary and using a different LC addon (xclass) no impact during night at all.

Well then I am perplexed as to why your lights no longer work in the FTX EU regions, this will need some further investigation I suspect. Can you tell me everything you installed into your FSX since FTX Global?

OpenVFR can potentially cause slow downs if you activate all their layers. They have very complex building layers and also a lot of traffic layers if they are all active at once. If you use only their landclass and vector layers it should be fine, but it does have an FPS impact of course.

John, 

I did not install anything after FTXG. FTX Central is working without any problem except that there are no lights in FTX EU Region.

It does not matter using FTXG and ticking the boxes or choosing the Region itself.

The only thing I have not done yet is to try FTX NA. I will try this first thing I come home today.

to openVFR, I can use all of them except the terrain......with the buildings, objects active...no problem with the lights, Prepar 3 D is running like charme and I really enjoying the new baby as it is a new world ::)  :D ... 

John, 

I did not install anything after FTXG. FTX Central is working without any problem except that there are no lights in FTX EU Region.

It does not matter using FTXG and ticking the boxes or choosing the Region itself.

The only thing I have not done yet is to try FTX NA. I will try this first thing I come home today.

to openVFR, I can use all of them except the terrain......with the buildings, objects active...no problem with the lights, Prepar 3 D is running like charme and I really enjoying the new baby as it is a new world ::)  :D ... 

I may be wrong on this, but to get night lighting in full FTX regions you have to set the Day/Night mode to night.

The FTX Global method of night lighting is not yet implemented in the full FTX regions.

Daz

Ok, back after trying different things and finally finding the problem.

Ok, I tried the night light switch, no lights in FTX Europe.....and no RWY lights either.

Noticed that the UK 2000 airports were back to default Airport.

Installed latest OBRX libary....same result.

Then I was nearly speechless as nobody else was reporting a similar problem. The laast bit, just by chance I changed the insertion point in FTX Central to a lower level, just above Andrews AFB and it worked. The default insertion is Top of libary.

Dont ask me why, but I'm pretty sure that the OBRX gurus will know the answer....

Now I have all airports working with the RWY lights, I got the nice Vector lights in FTX Europe and in the default world.

It does not matter if I choose a FTX Region or go to FTXG and hybrid....all is working as suposed to work and I can enjoy the new toy...

With other words, I'm a happy man!

But still I would like to know why this problem occured.

Don't think this is resolved...  I also have no 3d lights on vector roads, only lights around autogen houses.  This effects UTX roads as well as default FSX.  Also when switching between vector road lights on or off and restarting sim, FSX doesn't detect any scenery changes.

Archived