Will there be an FTX Region for the entire Hawaii area?

EagleSter

I would love to see a high quality FTX Region for the entire Hawaiian area. I know orbx has what it takes to make an amazing scenery. Do you think that this is something that you might do in the future? I'd definitely buy this and I'm sure many others will too. There seems to be no one who has come up with a all in one complete hawaiian islands package. Would be nice to include some fine details of Mauna Kea observatories and the Kamoa windfarms on South Point on the Big Island of Hawaii. There's nothing at all for that one island for FSX and it's quite ashame since it's quite spectacular. Please take this into consideration and make my dream come true. :)

+1.  Would make an awesome addition to FSDT's Hawaiian Airports series.  I've been there twice and there's some awesome VFR flying over there.  While I think Global+NA open LC will help the area tremendously, it wouldn't account for things like sugar cane fields, waterfalls, Waikiki, villages, and several landmarks - all of which that would make an awesome VFR simming experience.  Oh, and not to mention, there's some awesome small airfields that FSX/P3D doesn't even come close to accurate.

I'm usually not one for suggestions myself, and I'm sure Orbx will continue with their plans as they have a good bit on their plate to say the least, but I think this suggestion would be an excellent idea for something in the future.  I'd certainly put money into it.  (Nice little connection from AU/NZ to NA, eh?  :D8)

I can definitely relate to you guys. I've been wanting a complete Hawaiian package done right, the FTX way for a looooon time. At the moment I have to buy packages here and there in order to get a near full experience but it's still lacking. And if anyone can do this right, its the talented team at OrbX. 

I would love to see the following stuff if there was ever to be a FTX Hawaiian Region package:

All the islands from the NW all the way down to the SW's The Big Island (which nobody has done at all for FSX! Surprisingly), an amazing island with lots of opportunity for amazing vfr flying and sight seeing. The Big Island has lots of POI's like Kamoa windfarms located on the southern part in Ka Lae, the beautiful observatories located on the summit of Mauna Kea, Volcanic National Park, and a lot more. MS Flight has the Big Island, but it's dull and lifeless.

The FTX Hawaiian Region could also include all the small regional airports on each and every island, done up in the traditional and amazingly well detailed OrbX fashion. This would make an opportunity for great island hopping vfr flights.

I've seen a lot of the amazing stuff coming from OrbX, especially with their latest regions and airports like Scotland. OMG what a beauty, and with FTX Global which is about to come out this Saturday, the 3d night lighting looks stunning, even better than UTX I must say, and the great thing is that it's on a globalscale and will cover the entire earth! Looks like my night lighting dilema has been solved once and for all! Really excited about that since I love to fly during dawn and dusk hours.

John, if you're listening or seeing this. I beg of you to please make a consideration of doing this. I can almost guarantee you that it will be a huge seller, hell, anything coming from you guys is a must purchase. But I truly believe that Hawaii is definitely a region that's been overlooked.

Thanks for listening. :)

I know you're new to the forums, so it's cool and all, but this is about the 8,647,286,342nd time this exact question has been asked :)   along with just about every other place on the planet.  I agree, by the way, it would be cool, but it will probably be a while, if ever.

I know you're new to the forums, so it's cool and all, but this is about the 8,647,286,342nd time this exact question has been asked :)   along with just about every other place on the planet.  I agree, by the way, it would be cool, but it will probably be a while, if ever.

Oops, shoulda used search.  :banghead:  I still stand by my opinion, but I wouldn't be too surprised if they never developed it. 

People love Hawaii, much more so then Norway or Ireland IMO.

Agreed.  But ultimately, it's up to Orbx, and they do a good job with whatever region they develop.  8)  At least we'll have Global.  That'll be good enough for me for awhile.

Archived