elevation problem on some

eray9s

Has recently to uninstall everything and then re-install.  Most is ok but I have , on a short flight thru Kbli, Bellingham, Kbvs Skagit, Wa56 Israel Farm,  1s2 Darrrington and Kawo Arlington found that Kbvs, 1s2 and Kawo have elevation problems. Kbvs rw's above grade and 1s2 and Kawo both below grade.

what is the problem and more important what is the solution.?

Thanks for help

eray9s  ray

Hi Ray,

sorry to hear of your woes there,

as for the elevation issues, please set FTX Central to NA and hit "Apply" 

fire up fsX and let it rebuild the scenery Dbase, make a lil check spin, shut down fsX

Go To => ....\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery and check that all ADE_FTX_XXX_xxx_elevation_adjustment NA related files end with the . BGL extension and that all NZ files end with .OFF check if you do not have "doubles" one with .bgl and one with .off

the active regions should have a .bgl extension

file names start with ADE_FTX_XXX_xxx_elevation_adjustment

the XXX stands for the region, CRM, PNW, PFJ, SAK, etc.

the xxx stands for the airfield name/code

in case of to rename rightclick and select rename, change the bgl or off extension to the required one and hit enter to safe

that should about do it

let us know how you fare

Wolter thanks for reply but in trying to follow your comments FTX  central will not open.  The icon on task bar shows it is open but It it will not open full on the monitor..The only options it gives me is to close or pin to task bar.

Can you suggest steps to work my way back to where I can follow your first suggestions?

Thanks

eray9s  ray

Archived