Southern Africa

marcj

Hi guys,

I'm new to ftx, and maybe this has already been discussed.

There is a lack of "good" quality airports both large and small and bush for the stunning Southern Africa region.

Also the scenery is pretty poor as well, I guess global will make it better, but hopefully we can expect a dedicated scenery to my part of the world soon? It is truly stunning!

All the best

Marc

Cape Town

the Aeroworx freeware always looked pretty good with GEX africa/ME and I expect it will look even better with FTX global.  That's what I'm going with for that region,  Think of it as sort of a UTX lite for South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, and Zimbabwe.  There are a large number of files to install, but it's pretty good.

http://www.avcom.co.za/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=103490

post with file links and installation sequence

I think i heard South Africa once.....

Maybe John said he would love to see Sauth Africe one day as an FTX Region.

Can you confirm that John?

personaly i would looooove to see it.

i still hope for

Hi guys,

I'm new to ftx, and maybe this has already been discussed.

There is a lack of "good" quality airports both large and small and bush for the stunning Southern Africa region.

Also the scenery is pretty poor as well, I guess global will make it better, but hopefully we can expect a dedicated scenery to my part of the world soon? It is truly stunning!

All the best

Marc

Cape Town

I think i heard South Africa once.....

Maybe John said he would love to see Sauth Africe one day as an FTX Region.

Can you confirm that John?

personaly i would looooove to see it.

i still hope for

For some reason I'd never thought of it but I couldn't agree more! Great ideas guys!

South Africa (or Southern Africa) would make for one seriously amazing and different FTX region...the bush flying and 'naturescape' and potential 'creature/nature flow' would be out of this world! :D Hope its considered!

Best regards,

Sid

Actually, I think the Aeroworx Scenery already has a pretty good landclass and mesh - the reason Africa still looks bad is the default fsx textures (or the only slightly better GEX ones). I'm really looking forward to try out the Aeroworx scenery with the FTX Global textures and maybe later with their OpenLC improvement for Africa which will - according to one of John's post - also feature some unique textures like the red deserts seen in the Namib...so maybe just wait until FTX Global is released and try out the Aeroworx scenery again - I reckon it will make a huge difference ;D

Regards,

Fabian

Fabian,

you are correct of course about Global, but wouldn't South Africa and in General Southern Africa look great as a dedicated Region.

Look at the pictures of England, Wales etc.

South Africa has wonderful scenery (better than UK in my opinion) plus kruger national park in the North East, with all the wildlife there. Sharks, Whales and dolphins around the western Cape and natal. Also wonderful mountain ranges in the middle of the country.

I am beginning to sound like a tour guide.

I appreciate it that ORBX make decisions on which scenery to concentrate on based on the commerciall aspects of whether a product will sell, and by how many units, and maybe South Africa would not sell enough units?

All the best

Marc

Fabian,

you are correct of course about Global, but wouldn't South Africa and in General Southern Africa look great as a dedicated Region.

Look at the pictures of England, Wales etc.

South Africa has wonderful scenery (better than UK in my opinion) plus kruger national park in the North East, with all the wildlife there. Sharks, Whales and dolphins around the western Cape and natal. Also wonderful mountain ranges in the middle of the country.

I am beginning to sound like a tour guide.

I appreciate it that ORBX make decisions on which scenery to concentrate on based on the commercial aspects of whether a product will sell, and by how many units, and maybe South Africa would not sell enough units?

All the best

Marc

I completely agree that South Africa would make a wonderful FTX region, but as you said, I think that it is a commercial aspect - most customers have their home in Europe or the US and might not be interested in a region they don`t really know or have never been too. Of course it would be great to see a full fat african FTX region - but I think we`ll have to wait for them to finish Europe and NA first. Until then I`ll hope that FTX Global, combined with decent landclass and vector data,will get close enough and make us happy. Looking forward to see how my favourite country ever (Costa Rica) will turn out with FTX Global and UTX -TAC.

Best regards,

Fabian

• 4 months later...

Actually, I think the Aeroworx Scenery already has a pretty good landclass and mesh - the reason Africa still looks bad is the default fsx textures (or the only slightly better GEX ones). I'm really looking forward to try out the Aeroworx scenery with the FTX Global textures and maybe later with their OpenLC improvement for Africa which will - according to one of John's post - also feature some unique textures like the red deserts seen in the Namib...so maybe just wait until FTX Global is released and try out the Aeroworx scenery again - I reckon it will make a huge difference ;D

Regards,

Fabian 

I spent 25years in South Africa a would love to include the great scenery of SA in my FSX library. I tried the Aeroworx but found a few problems loading. I also found it strange that I was unable to register for their forum. Asking the question on another forum, there was a suggestion that they where off-line. However you are suggesting that the best route would be to try Aeroworx after installing FTX Global.  

I spent 25years in South Africa a would love to include the great scenery of SA in my FSX library. I tried the Aeroworx but found a few problems loading. I also found it strange that I was unable to register for their forum. Asking the question on another forum, there was a suggestion that they where off-line. However the forum seems to be suggesting that the best route would be to try Aeroworx after installing FTX Global. Do I still need to Aeroworx mesh ?

I completely agree that South Africa would make a wonderful FTX region, but as you said, I think that it is a commercial aspect - most customers have their home in Europe or the US and might not be interested in a region they don`t really know or have never been too. Of course it would be great to see a full fat african FTX region - but I think we`ll have to wait for them to finish Europe and NA first. Until then I`ll hope that FTX Global, combined with decent landclass and vector data,will get close enough and make us happy. Looking forward to see how my favourite country ever (Costa Rica) will turn out with FTX Global and UTX -TAC.

Best regards,

Fabian

hello,

I'm a Belgian but I love to fly over US - Aussie and New zealand: may be I'm not alone?

For me it's a kind of escape or hollydays....

I already have all Aeroworx sceneries and it's a pleasure to fly over these magnificient landscapes....

Bug.

Archived