Better FPS at YMML in GMax mode

Sniper31

Okay, so this is not really a request for tech support, but more of just me being curious. I spent the last few days completely re-installing FSX, all SP's and ONLY FTX scenery products. In the process, I have added YMML to my FTX scenery library (thanks to having so much fun with Coffs, I have been putting off getting YMML  :) ). At any rate, got YMML setup without a hitch, read through the maual, setup my sliders accordingly and loaded up a test flight on the runway threshold at YMML.  Now so that I could properly appreciate the wonderful work of this great FTX product, I have been flying test flights out of the default FSX YMML since reinstalling FSX just a little bit ago. Then I installed FTX YMML and on comes the COOL part.....

After running the same flight several times in both Gmax mode and FSX native mode, I actually get BETTER FPS in Gmax mode! Awesome! Anyhow, because of this I am very curious as to why that is, if anyone knows. In the meantime, I shall be in the sky above YMML taking in the sights! Thanks ORBX, for another wonderful product!  ;D ;D

Actually with SP1, there will only be a Gmax Native SP2 mode, since we've now made it 100% FSX-SP2 SDK compliant.  The old 'native mode' will go away. Looked horrible anyway with all that fake concrete, LOL!

Sweet....nonetheless, awesome work.:) Thanks for the info John.

Greets,

Landon

After running the same flight several times in both Gmax mode and FSX native mode, I actually get BETTER FPS in Gmax mode! Awesome! Anyhow, because of this I am very curious as to why that is, if anyone knows. In the meantime, I shall be in the sky above YMML taking in the sights! Thanks ORBX, for another wonderful product!   ;D ;D

Yeah I had the same experience, I guess it has something to do with the 8800's texture handling?

After running the same flight several times in both Gmax mode and FSX native mode, I actually get BETTER FPS in Gmax mode! Awesome! Anyhow, because of this I am very curious as to why that is, if anyone knows. In the meantime, I shall be in the sky above YMML taking in the sights! Thanks ORBX, for another wonderful product!   ;D ;D

Yeah I had the same experience, I guess it has something to do with the 8800's texture handling?

That is possible...I'm not sure though...hmmmm.

Archived