Am I using the correct C++ files?

Vonduck

Hi guys,

As my AXE keeps crashing FSX upon exit, i read somewhere that it could be the C++ files in that i dont have the right ones... (Like a twit I didnt CTL-D the page link!!)

Here are the ones i have installed, can any guru's tell me if they are ok?

Many thanks

2yL9R.jpg

I have no idea what AXE is , however looking at you list reminds me that I read a thread that

Microsoft Visual C++  can have problems with  Kaspersky  , if you have Kaspersky internet security

then it might be worth a google search regards any conflict that might exist  when running

those two.

Cheers

Karol

Thanks guys...

I dont have Kapersky (??) ...AXE is Aerosoft Airbus Extended... funny thing it is too!

I have run windows update many times so perhaps all is looking good then eh!

Thanks fo your comments

Doug

Hi Vonduck,

I remember reading somewhere, but unfortunately can't remember where, that there was a c++ library that is suited to FSX, or that you should have installed if running FSX.  It may have been in NickNs guide to setting up FSX, and I believe it had a link.  Checking my control paneI, I also have one more 2005 version, one more 2008 version and two 2012 versions of c++ runtime installed.

PgSUi.jpg

On doing a bit of searching, here is what NickN wrote:

Make sure you have the latest DirectX UPDATE installed.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

Make sure you have the C++ library update installed.

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/KB961894/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=2067

You want to download and install:

ENU (vcredist_x86.exe) NOTE: Or the one which is right for your OS language   ENU= ENGLISH

The C++ Library update is needed for some 3rd party support and is installed with Acceleration. The link above is to the LATEST (at the time of this guide) update which did not ship with Accel

I suggest you install the update regardless of what version of FSX you run to be sure you are covered as you may add items to your sim over time.

Cheers,

In Scots installations you can see that he has multiple revisions of the runtime library for his various visual studio editions 2005, 2008 etc. Generally the best practice is to keep only the latest version of the runtime library for that visual studio product. Keeping old ones hanging around generally isnt a major problem, but it can be a problem when:

1. A security patch is implemented and the old versions are left installed and thus providing a security hole on your PC (this happens theres been numerous patches for security holes)

2. Something useful is in the latest runtime library like performance optimisations or stability improvements (this doesnt seem to happen all that much)

As for Kaspersky, thats the AV software I use in my home office. Sometimes all AV software has false detections, but I can say with certainty that Kaspersky in recent memory has not had a false positive on the VS runtime libraries. When and if false positives occur they dont last long, usually only a few hours before the next update fixes it.

Archived