Broome Shadows and Dancing Plane

psk2449

I 've just installed Broome International AUYBRM. Very impressive. You can almost feel the heat radiating off the tarmac. One problem is a series of brownish shadows continually flickering across the scene. Can this be corrected? Another point is that there is an aircraft VH-KFN performing what appears to be a sort of jig . This appears to be impinging on the Rescue aircraft VH-PPG. Could this be noted for furure correction. Must get back to exploring!

G'day there,

Thanks very much for the nice comments on Broome - glad you are enjoying it! In follow up to your two issues;

1. Is it possible to put up a screenshot of the shadow flickering issue you are experiencing? I realise this may be a little tricky to do, but it will help enormously to pin-point the issue. 

2. Do you have the latest update of the AI package installed? I know that there were a couple of aircraft behaving like this during testing, and that Graham included fixes in the latest release that coincided with the release of Broome.

Cheers,

Jarrad

The dancing Beech 1900C aircraft, including VH-KFN, were fixed about a year ago. The current FTX AI traffic pack V4.00 includes quite a lot of new stuff including a batch of Broome specific aircraft. A must if you enjoy the company of AI traffic and have Broome installed.

Thanks for your replies guys. The dancing plane was my error. In my enthusiasm to explore Broome, I forgot to upgrade my library. The interloper has been iradicated. I've tried to capture the flickering shadows but they are difficult beggars to snap.They jump around and are pale brown to grey geometric shapes mostly occurring around the terminus. Really need a movie camera to see the effects. My attempts at getting screen shot were not successful as they were too pale to catch.

G'day again,

Two questions from my end:

1. Are you running in DX10 mode?

2. Do you have any 3rd party addon that might be causing any clashes with Broome? Aside from any addon-scenery, also check for duplicate APX files - if you run any payware traffic programs, these are often the culprits.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Jarrad, I think that I have DX10 updated but to tell the truth I havn't the faintest idea how to check. There is no other scenery file other than SP4 and standard FSX there. I have also loaded YBRM on my second computer and it is perfect  so it appears to be related to the settings of the computer. Could it be a driver problem? There are no payware files . What puzzles me most is that this phenomenon only occurs on taxiway areas, nowhere else. I'm afraid that I'm unsure what you mean by running in DX10 "mode". Sorry to be a bore about such a small problem but it is just a distraction from a very enjoyable airport.

...I think that I have DX10 updated but to tell the truth I havn't the faintest idea how to check. 

Take look at page 14 of the YBRM User Guide.  The Graphics screen has a checkbox labelled "Preview DirectX 10".  Uncheck it if it's checked, then exit FSX and restart it.  See if the flashing is still there.

Thanks for your replies guys. I do not have Holgermesh installed. A weird thing is that my "gaphics" page is the same as P 14 of the user guide EXCEPT there is no line with a box that says Preview Direct X. so I'm no wiser. I always assumed that all FSX  installations were identical. Is this what is wrong?

P.S.  I have just entered " DX diag" in the search box and found that I have version Direct X 11.

Archived