Cairns airport display problem

Kim Sibbritt

HI, 

My order no. is 'FSS 0216605 .Just installed Cairns YBCS & have found 3 problems.

1 Aircraft are parked in buildings

2 Default taxiways are showing through the scenery.[is an Exclude bgl missing ?]

3 A large letter 'H' appears on one of the roadways.

I've attached screen short of the problems.How do I fix them ?

Cheers...Kim.

WwkM4.jpg

G'day Kim,

This looks like the same problem as you had with YPJT.. you have a duplicate APX/AFCAD file that is causing the problem. As well as any non-ORBX sceneries (including any old VOZ stuff you might have activated), do you have any pays are AI packages installed? These usually include custom APX files that can cause clashes with pay ware airports.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hi Jarrad & Peter,

Yes I have 'Traffic 360' installed,but it was my understanding that AI traffic programs only put aircraft at parking spots provided by the scenery.I didn't think they could create there own or make new taxiways ? As for scenery I only use FTX.

Cheers...Kim

G'day Kim,

Many payware traffic packages for FSX include custom APX files to match their AI aircraft. The way that FSX deals with APX/AFCAD files is slightly different to FS9, so clashes with conflicting versions in different scenery folders is much more of an issue. I can't point you exactly where to find the Traffic 360 YBCS/YPJT APX .bgl's (as I don't have a copy myself), however doing a search in your FSX folders for either airport code should help you track it down. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hi Jarrad,

Many thanks for the advice. I searched through FSX but only Orbx YBCS showed up this time ? However I have moved Traffic 360 to the bottom of the scenery library & this has resolved the issue ,I hope permanently for all future airports too.

I had all your wonderfull sceneries in FS9 & was very sad when Westsim closed.I was looking forward to the Bunbury & Perth airport & cities scenery you had been working on.Is there any chance you will release them for FTX ?

Cheers...Kim.

G'day Kim, 

Glad you've got it sorted. Regarding the old Westsim stuff, you'll no doubt see that the freeware YBLN & YCUN packages available here at ORBX are much-improved reworkings from the old FS9 scenery, and major components of my old Perth CBD scenery made their way into our FTX AU_Blue product. Regarding YPPH - I don't have any plans to at this point (for a variety of reasons), and finally in regards to Bunbury, make sure you head over to aussiex.org - Ian Routely created an excellent version that is included in one of the airstrip packages. Lastly, if you haven't already, make sure you grab a copy of Broome Intl - another WA strip that has been on my to-do list since the old Westsim days. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hi Jarrad,

Many thanks for the advice. I searched through FSX but only Orbx YBCS showed up this time ? However I have moved Traffic 360 to the bottom of the scenery library & this has resolved the issue ,I hope permanently for all future airports too.

I had all your wonderfull sceneries in FS9 & was very sad when Westsim closed.I was looking forward to the Bunbury & Perth airport & cities scenery you had been working on.Is there any chance you will release them for FTX ?

Cheers...Kim.

Hi Kim, go to the main FSX folder and look for the Just Flight folder, open this folder,and open Traffic360 folder and there you find the folder"AirportFacilities" open this and open the scenery folder. Here you find all the AF2 and AFX bgl's.

Remove the AFX YBCS bgl and every thing at CAIRNS is OK. BTW I have made a back up folder inside this scenery folder and put all the removed AFX files in there.And if you see these problems at other airfields than you can follow the same procedure.

Peter

Archived