Tayside

VH-KDK

A quick flight around Tayside in Scotland.

1.vfhXI.jpg

The Tay Railway Bridge and the town of Wormit. This bridge opened in 1887 and was refurbrished in 2003 at a cost of almost GBP21m. Hundreds of thousands of rivets were replaced as well as the removal of 1000 tonnes of bird droppings which were hand scraped and put into 25kg bags!

2. as9A1.jpg

Woodhaven is at the bottom of screen. The first Tay Railway Bridge opened early in 1878. On the night of December 28 1879 a 6 carriage train with 75 people started to cross the bridge in high winds. Halfway across the bridge collapsed taking the whole train into the Firth of Tay. There were no survivors although the locomotive was recovered and returned to service. The stumps of the original bridge are still visible today.

3.o7qjZ.jpg

The Tay Road Bridge carries the A914 into Dundee. Newport on Tay is west of the bridge.

4.YUQt6.jpg

The Tentmuir Forest at the mouth of the Tay Estuary. The Eden estuary is visible to the left.

5.LdXm6.jpg

The town of Carnoustie is just visible on the left with it's World famous golf course.

6.Crk48.jpg

Broughty Ferry with the industrial area of Baldovie visible.

7.ANDgo.jpg

Another view of Dundee's famous bridges.

8.QUGzg.jpg

The City of Dundee.

9.sWvku.jpg

Kingsway West(A90) at Invergowrie.

10.7BpK9.jpg

King's Seat and Dunsinane Hill are in the distance with Newtyle Hill and Burnam Hill on the horizon.

11. RWinm.jpg

Touchdown on rwy 10 at Dundee Airport.

12.SdfkG.jpg

Some views of the detail at Dundee Airport.

13.V2Hnt.jpg

14.W6kaQ.jpg

Well that is my first taste of another fantastic release from ORBX. Hats off to all of you again at ORBX for giving us such incredible scenery.

Fantastic tour and shots Martyn . You really had your sky and water dialed in . Great work my friend . 

Brad

Grand set these mate, you have fun exploring around.

cheers

Iain

Yep fantastic shots!

Really fine work my friend... :smile:

Thanks very much for your comments and interest.

Archived