Bella Coola Taxiway Crash

JohnE77

I just installed Bella Coola (CYBD) from DVD (PC Aviator Order ID 100420). It looks beautiful, but as I take the default King Air to the taxiway for runway 23 I crash into an invisible object. Not fun! I have Ultimate Terrain X Canada installed, so I looked at those files, but there aren't any special files for CYBD that I need to disable. I don't have any other add-on files for Canada.

Is this a known issue, or just me? Thanks for any help.

John

Update: I changed the vegetation/flowers setting from high to medium and I disabled animations, and my FPS at RWY 5 jumped from 9 to 25. And, I no longer seem to be having the invisible crash issue taxing to RWY 23.

Why is this airport so tough on FPS? It's in the middle of nowhere!

John 

Thanks for the suggestion, Holger. The only "animated birds" I have that I know of are from FTX and Fly Tampa (Caribbean scenery). In any case, Bella Coola is flyable for me now, so you may close this ticket. The airport scenery is still pretty taxing on my system (20-25 FPS taking off RWY 5), whereas with an airport like Stewart I'm getting a stable 40 FPS (locked). Regardless, everything is flyable, and I appreciate the help.

John

Archived