New to ORBX Need some help with install

JagerJohn

Hello,

I just puchased my first product from ORBX. I ran into issues right away upon installing.  Everything seamed to install just fine. However, When FTX Central loaded, i selected North America to activate my scenery and get an error msg.

WTFORBX2.jpg

I also get this error msg when clicking on the "FTX aero FSX" icon

WTFORBX1.jpg

After trying to reinstall, and just trying multiple times, it looks like it finally worked(although i still get both error msgs). So im not sure if this will be an issue or not. 

Then once i load FSX, and go to Hanel Field (0OR9), I see that none of the elevations are correct. I tried a couple different airports. Not all are like this, but most are.  Im lost.  Been trying to figure this out for almost 6 hours.  Tried numerous searches in the forum (WHY IS THERE NO SUPPORT FORUM? i think there should be.) and could not find anything helpfull on either. There is no Troubleshooting section in the user manual either. Here is a pic of Hanel Field(0OR9), and Hood River(4S2).

WTFORBX6.jpg

WTFORBX7.jpg

If anyone could help that would be awesome!  Thanks in advanced.  I do have more pics if they are needed.

-John

FSS0217257

[ORB-052] Orbx - FTX: NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific Northwest

AMD Phenom II X4 3.4 GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GeForce GTX 660ti 2GB | 2TB SeaGate | Windows 7 64-bit

Whilst I can't actually help you ... you *have* come to the right place (welcome, John!). The people here (including ORBX developers) are friendly and helpful. I've seen posts similar to yours pretty rarely, but they seem to get sorted pretty quickly - so don't despair!

Adam.

You should reinstall that terrain. There are elevation files messed up there. Top it off, you HAVE to run ORBX control panel in administrator mode for it to function properly..especially in Windows 7 or 8, even if UAC is disabled/turned off.  Id even go so far as to run the installation files in administrator mode. With FSX, adminstrator mode is a must, I cant stress that enough. I even have to run REX 2.0 in admin mode if I want it done correctly...

I am getting the same error messages. I'm running Windows7 64bit. I tried reinstalling everything as administrator, as well as running FTX Central as administrator, but same result. I cannot get the scenery to activate. All is still default in the sim..

After doing some reading on the forums, I found my problem already addressed. My apologies for not doing this first. This scenery is awesome, and I am very happy to say the least. Thanks, ORBX team, for taking FSX to a whole new level!

Thank you all for your replies and advice.  I always run admin so i dont think that was the issue.  I did reinstall everything mulitiple times. After downloading the orbxlibs, it didn't work at first, but it does now. 

Thank you all!!  Now i can get on with enjoying this scenery.

Archived