Just downloaded Long View Ranch

iflygary

Hi,

I just downloaded and installed Long View Ranch.  I also just purchased US Central Rockies and installed it because I know it is needed in order for Long View Ranch to show up properly.  The problem is that Long View Ranch is not showing up.  I've checked the files in the folders and everything is there. The "weird" part is that I tried to do another install and it's not asking for any of my information to do the install. i.e. FSS#, date, etc.  The installer just goes through the steps and it says it has been installed.  US Central Rockies installed without a hitch but I'm stumped on this one. Any suggestions??? Oh btw here is the order number.FSS0216703 (Completed).  I haven't yet put US Central Rockies in my signature since I just made the purchases. Thanks in advance.

Gary

Jrr

I tried your suggestions and still nothing.  It's really strange but it's not completing the unwrapping process where I have to enter all of my information.  I've downloaded the installer twice and it's still doing the same thing. I'll try once more. Maybe the third time will be the charm. LOL

Gary

Still no success with it.  It's not requiring any of my product information during the install, however it's installing it into the proper folders but nothing's happening when I open flightsim after the install. No new scenery files are executed.  Not really sure what else to do at this point. ???  ???  ???

Gary

It's not requiring any of my product information during the install,

When you have priviously installed it, the wrapper remembers the product info so that's why you don't have to fill in the info again. Other than that I have no idea howto solve your issue... Good luck

Have you tried switching ftx central from N/America to default and then back to N/America, sorry but if that does not work you need to speak to an orbx staff member,keep trying .

Good luck

Yes I did. It's still not showing up.  Thanks for your replies thus far and yeah you're right, someone from Orbx will probably have to get involved.

Gary

Hi Gary,

Do you see any scenery at all installed at Long View? Is FTX_AA_OG39 active in your Scenery Library?

Do you recall seeing a ObjectFlow.dll security pop up message when starting FSX? This dll is required to run for the objects at Long View to show.

Hi Gary,

Do you see any scenery at all installed at Long View? Is FTX_AA_OG39 active in your Scenery Library?

Do you recall seeing a ObjectFlow.dll security pop up message when starting FSX? This dll is required to run for the objects at Long View to show.

Ed,

Not that you've mentioned it, I think that is what the problem is. I have not seen the ObjectFlow.dll for OG39 show up.  All files are in the proper folders and the scenery is in fact active.  So how do I get the ObjectFlow.dll? Thanks in advance.

Gary

Oops Ed, I meant Now that you've mentioned it.

Gary,

Feeling your pain brother, but....

I've been fortunate to have had this scenery since the release.  I've installed it twice without issues with the last install being on a separate SSD.

I am also seeing you have a ton of scenery also.  This is what I did to end any conflicts.  I made myself a handy install matrix for NA.  this matrix tells me what is loaded when and in what state, i.e. NA turned on - off.  And when to load the patches.  When loading both Area Scenery and new Airport scenery you are faced with three different installs.  Area first then city then then patches to city, patches to area, then Library.

When I load a new city, I look at my matrix, see which patches needs to be reinstalled and work backwards.  Having all an area is special.  Stay happy, you are just leaving something out in your install sequence or have it in the wrong sequence.

All the best......

Hi Gary,

go to the ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_OG39\Scenery folder and locate the ModuleInstaller.exe file. Right click and Run as Administrator.

You'll get a install screen to install the dll, so go ahead and do that. (This screen by the way does not show up in the ordinary install process as it is silently executed at the end.)

Now run FSX and you should get the pop up security question, click yes and check if the scenery is now showing.

Hi Gary,

go to the ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_OG39\Scenery folder and locate the ModuleInstaller.exe file. Right click and Run as Administrator.

You'll get a install screen to install the dll, so go ahead and do that. (This screen by the way does not show up in the ordinary install process as it is silently executed at the end.)

Now run FSX and you should get the pop up security question, click yes and check if the scenery is now showing.

Ed,

As well as all the others that chimed in, thank you so much! Problem solved!! I am now enjoying Longview Ranch.  I really appreciate all the support and diligence everyone has shown helping me rectify the matter!! Orbx forums always come through for me!! Orbx definitely ROCKS!!!!

Archived