digital "whiz Wheel"

teecee

A few years ago I found a free printable version. It's in two sizes a4 & smaller. I used plastic off those old overhead projectors + a laser printer then stuck it to a blank CD. The smaller one fits a Cd just dandy. The only problem is that I don't know where I found it so a google might help. I found it better to purchase a real one.

regards

Ian

I don't like cluttering up my FS screen with unnecessary stuff so I decided not to use online versions in the kneeboard.

I have a whole bunch of programs for my iPod Touch (search for e6b or pilot) and my Pocket PC (hard to use one handed) which are generally quite good. Flying online though I use a CR 4 whizz wheel. It is quicker to work out answers on a real wheel than using a calculator! It is a pretty cool device. While quicker, you do actually have to learn how to use if of course though usage isn't hard! :-)

This way I don't have the kneeboard covering cockpit instruments and can use my free hand for using the calculator/wheel in a realistic way :-)

Steven.

OK.. thanks Guys and gals.. I went with Mozza's kneeboard model.. coz it's quick, simple, and effective.. and for this old guy these are the things that count (mainly SIMPLE  ;D).. only thing is, I have a neat shortcut on my desktop, but how the heck do I get it to show up on the kneeboard?? ???.  Teecee.

OK in FS9 your complete Kneeboard files are all located in the root of the Aircraft Folder I can sen you an installer for this , The FSX kneeboard is the same but all its files are located in the UIRES subfolder BUT they are proving a real bugger to make work properly, I am working on this problem.

Why did you dump FS9  if it was due to error's you simply copy the entire directory then uninstall as normal. remove the FS9 Directory in the Applications then copy back to the original location your backup and reinstall (The Install will only copy back the original CORE FS9 files all add-ons are left intact (unless the Add-Ons replace original textures))

This refreshes the install leaving the changes you have made, you will need to run the update to 9.1 and a couple of other things but by and large your back. 

AS for the FSX kneeboard I'm working on this but I'm having issues with the .xzp extension too.

Hi  :)

here  http://www.fs-tutorials.com/en/down_plane_C150_01.php  you can find a free franch C-150.

On the seat of the co-pilot there is a flight computer and you can use it "turning the wheel".

But:

1- it is for FS2004

2- it isn't a E6B but a ARISTO, a european trade company

3- I think the Aristo is built inside the aircraft model, I did not try to extract it and use it in another aircraft  ;)

cheers Marco

Archived