Hotfix bonanza incoming ....

John Venema

The team has been busy on hotfixes for BLUE/GOLD/GREEN and these will be filtering through over the next week or so.

Some highlights:

- Completion of full landclass coverage for GREEN

- Many enhancement to the landclass for BLUE in Western Australia, to increase the accuracy in the SW area and also to cater for the release of Jandakot, Busselton and Cunderdin airports

- Fixed the Yarra River hump (BLUE)

- Fixes to some hydro areas in Tasmania (BLUE)

- Many towns added to GOLD, around the New England and mid coast regions

Quick sample shot of Geraldton, WA shown below.

post-1-130203910434_thumb.jpg

You know what?? most companies put out a product, and sit back and collect the cash..  Not Orbx..thank you.. I remember the default Australia's in the various FS releases.. Thank you all for your dedication and caring. Teecee.

Thanks guys. The landclass work is such an enormous undertaking, that we specifically make a point in our user manuals that it's not always complete. That does not mean we won't complete it, but like I always say, we need to ship at some point and usually when the main landclass areas are complete.

But by the time the DVD is released, every single square kilometre of Australia will have hand-crafted landclass based on real aerial source data - that would be a first ever in any flight sim product for an area the size of our continent.

We also believe that customers will come back to Orbx if we provide the best service, before - during - and after the sale. I learnt that a long time ago. The customer is king, and they pay for Orbx to exist. We never, ever forget that.

And to our dear friends in WA who have patiently tolerated less than perfect landclass - your time draweth nigh :)  We hope to have 100% statewide coverage by the time the DVD is done, and we're even going to create some new textures for WA to better reflect the salt-based terrain and drier crops.

Good things come to those who wait!

Jeez JV, very soon our cup will runneth over  :D

Geraldton looks wonderful especially with Tarcoola, the southern Suburbs and the West End with the Wharves and jetteys etc...

Brilliant, you have my eternal gratitude,

Cheers

Archived