WHITE HORSE PASS AND YUKON RAILWAY

The new Alaska scenery from Orbx-FTX is very good. I just did a flight from Haines to Juneau to Skagway to Sitka. While at Skagway I took a detour and flew up the White Horse Pass, following the White Horse Pass and Yukon Railway. Four years ago my wife and I, while on our Alaska Cruise, took a bus from Skagway up the road along the pass all the way to the top of the Railway, boarding a southbound train at Carcross and rode down through the pass to Skagway. If you ever are there, don't miss this excursion. Anyhow, the new scenery does a pretty good job showing the mountains, the pass, the roads with traffic and of course the railway. Too bad the trains don't move. The station at Skagway needs some trains. As far as I can see, there are none there. Here are a couple of screenies.

I think I have the stations identified correctly, but correct me if you think I am wrong.

Carcross Stattion

UL9Yw.jpg

Bennett Stattion

98hWV.jpg

urig3.jpg

vTrHx.jpg

wrXE2.jpg

CJNb.jpg

Thank you all.

The paint, or shinny bare metal,  on the DC-3 is a free addon for the MAAM SIM C-47, DC-3. I can't remember if I got it from MAAM, or from www.DC3airways.com  In any event, it is very shinny.

I have flown for DC- Airways for over 10 years now.

By the way, unless you have a lot of experience in the DC-3, it is not the plane to use for touring close in to the mountains in this area.

Howard

Archived