ATI Catalyst 8.11 - Give them a miss!!

BradHosking

Guys

ATI 8.11 Catalyst has been released however feedback to ATI is currently that they are unstable and have no performance increase whatsoever!

Stick with 8.10 and the 8.10 hotfix for Farcry II if you use that as well.

ATI have however announce that 8.12 will be released in December, so the feedback should resolve these current issues.

I couldn't actually install mine Jay... Couldn't find my hardware these ones which was bizzare however other users have reported the same issue.

But from the ATI comments, this was a "yah may as well not worry about this release" one.

Oh and for all the ATI haters and Nvidia lovers out there... I used Nvidia gear for many many years. I can remember when there was a time when Nvidia botched their drivers up quite a few times.

This thread is only an FYI, however if your not a tweaker and want to have less issues, stick with 8.10 and wait for 8.12

I would like to aska question.....

What are your settings for your ATi cards? (my other specs for my pc are in my sig)

I have a 512mb 4850 and I havnt been able to find a set of recommended settings for FSX on the net, so any ideas would be appreciated.I have the settings set fairly high though, but if anyone has found a sweet spot, I would love to know.

I too have tried 8.11, but the performance improvement seems to be minimal at best.

Regards

Craig

I did not like ATI and the drivers at all on my VISTA media centre - I did not like the bloat that also came with the drivers - the best thing the ATI card did for me was the fan stopped working so the video card was replaced under warranty with an (fan less) Nvidia 8500GT - could not be happier..... this worked for me you may have a different experience.

Skypilot.

The thread is about the 8.11 drivers, not about you having issues with your ATI card and being a Nvidia fanboy.

Keep to your own Nvidia thread. I am and am going to guess many others are very pleased with their ATI cards.

OOOoooooo Soooooooorrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyy!

Sure hit a raw nerve there? Just relating my experience with ATI.

Archived