Skagway elevation issue

alexf

Houses at Sakgway are floating. Seems to me these are default and therefore some exception file is missing as the rest of the ORBX Sakgway scenery, runway and surroundings are at what looks like the proper height. Ideas on what to do to fix it?

SkagwayAltProblem_zps85a3ea3d.jpg

The floating houses have been noted before here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/57345-skagway-pagy-hovering-houses-and-pahn-grass-texture-issue/

The cause is that when FSX loads up autogen is placed at whatever altitude the mesh is initially, before it is completely loaded. In an area with extreme terrain differences like Skagway the lower resolution mesh is often very different from the end result but the autogen never compensates. This can be somewhat fixed by going to World | Scenery Library and reloading the library. Some houses may still float though.

Well, that's sort of a roundabout way of fixing it but it'll work. From what I read it seems as though all of the houses that commonly float have been identified and replaced with house models that are set to suppress autogen. In an SAK I can go back through Skagway and identify all of the houses and do the same but like Brad noted at Misty Moorings this workaround comes at the loss of a few frames. 

I tried the "solution" that is given from RTMM but it does not work for me.

Houses are still hovering.   sehrtraurig_zpsde40eae6.gif

Hi Dieter, sorry to hear that the RTMM scenery solution doesn't work for you.For me it works perfect and I don't know at what insert point you put it in the scenery library.

I have made a screenshot from my scenery library.

Peter

ITtgH.jpg

Hello Peter,

thanks for trying to help with my hovering problem at Skagway. So many variations i tried were negativ.

The RTMM-solution is at number 7 in the list of the insertion point, but that doesn't matter and the problem seems not get to solve.

I'm disappointed but can not change it to a better way. Now i'll let it go as is.  :(

Strange, I tried the solution just to see the new scenery, but I only saw the floating houses one time. After several more trips to Skagway, both starting at the runway and flying toward it from Haines, I don't see any floating houses without the fix.  IE  nothing to fix here!  sheesh   The added scenery elements are nice tho.

The RTMM fix works great and also adds new houses and harbour cranes to the scenery. It also fits perfectly with the RTMM SAK AI shipping with the Bulk carrier departing and arriving at the docks.

Thanks for the feedback. I have issued a more FPS friendly version now for the floating houses fix. It's on our scenery page at RTMM under "S". Direct link is here: http://return.mistymoorings.com/scenery/#s  There are two versions, Full and Lite. Full uses house objects from Tongass Fjords, so you'll need to have that to get the objects obviously. Lite version uses default vegetation objects from FSX. Use only one and only if you are noticing the floating houses at Skagway. Third option if you don't suffer from the floating houses, there is and additional .bgl file in the zip that has scenery enhancements only in town.

Brad

Thank You Brad,

with Your new lite-version there is now only one floating house, instead of two houses before.

I make it now like we say in german (translated): When i not look at this, i do not see it! (Wenn ich nicht hinschaue, sehe ich es auch nicht)

Archived