I have a very simple question... please help.

twsimfan

Hi, geeees... I can't even type a carriage return here. I have the NA demo installed. I now have the DVDs for PNW, NRM, CRM, plus 7 airport DVDs sitting here. I want to know how to properly remove the demo so that I can install the real stuff. I'd also kind of like to know what patches I might need but getting to the point of installing comes first. I need to get this done and tested out because in a week or two another couple of airports will arrive which are currently backordered. As you might gather I am very impressed with your scenery or what I have seen of it thus far. I am not at all impressed so far from what I have seen of your support system. PLEASE help. Thank you, Tom Wunder

Gday Tom,

Welcome to the FTX support forums,

For all payware support issues or questions you'll need to include your order number in your signature or reply, more info is found here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/1157-important-notice-please-add-your-order-to-your-sig-for-support/

R.e the carriage return, I saw something about that recently... something to do with the browser you use, mozilla/firefox seems to be unaffected

Cheers

Tim

Good morning Tim, (at least it is morning here) I am on a new system with the very latest version of MS' Internet Explorer. Since my old system died some weeks back I have a great many things to get sorted out and buying a new browser just to be able to post on these forums is not even close to the top of my list. So this will be one long blurb I'm afraid. It is strange though as on other parts of this site the carriage return is recognized and from my inferior browser. As an example I was just updating my profile and there did not seem to be a problem there. I was editing my profile mostly looking for a place to setup a "signature block" as I have used on other forums. I could find no such function so I must assume that you want me to include my "order number" with my name at the bottom of each post. I had a bit of a problem finding it... PC Aviator did not include it on the invoice... I had to go back to the original confirmation email. Hopefully that is the number you want. It was a rather large order. 3 main areas (PNW, NRM, & CRM along with 9 of the detailed airports 2 of which are currently backordered. But the other 10 FTX products are here waiting to be installed. Fortunately for me I bought it all on "Ten Percent Tuesday" and had an additional money off coupon as well. Is the 3 letter code such as "PNW" or "CRM" sufficient for identifying a FTX product on this forum? Is an airport designator such as "2WA1", "KSFF", or "KJAC" adequate for identifying FTX airport products? I had a very long day yesterday and trying to get past your initial "validation process" did not do my temper or my blood pressure any good. I think you could find a way that could accomplish the same thing without being quite so "Mickey Mouse" and frankly counter intuitive. Like I said last night I was not at my best but this morning on my way in here I saw some other threads that look as if they might be helpful to my current problem so I am going to finish this post and go take a closer look at them. If that doesn't take care of my current needs I'll be back here in a little while. Thank you, Tom Wunder - Order # 324258 - at least I hope that is the number you want. Have a nice day...

Hey Tom, sounds like you are making some progress.

While you are checking the forum topics, just thought it worth pointing out that no-one 'buys' a browser anymore.

The most used browsers are free, including Google Chrome (by far my favourite)

With regard to the validation and signature process, this is simply to keep the forums free of SPAM and bogus accounts.

The steps are simple: post in the validation thread. This enables you to edit your profile.

The signature entry is labelled 'Signature', in exactly the same way it is on all other sites that use this IPB software.

Okay Tim & Ian, I used Tim' posts regarding how to remove an airport and the PNW region. Hopefully the procedure is the same for the demo version as it is for the real stuff. I'm going to start installing now with PNW first. I'll install, test, then install some more. Are there some patches I need to know about? Ian, I have Google Chrome installed. Google snuck it in when I downloaded and installed Google Earth. I haven't tried to figure it out as of yet. First I wasn't too happy that they slipped it by me like that and secondly Google presents things from such a leftist viewpoint I try to avoid most of their material but I will admit to being hooked on their maps. I did look for anything regarding "signature" without finding anything. I'm sure it is there and I will try again later but for now I'm going to go ahead and start installing. One more question for now... would it be best to install PNW followed by some of the airports or should I do the major areas first? I'll check back for an answer on that once I have PNW in. Thanks again, Tom Wunder - Order # 324258

I have the PNW scenery in and working. I had to install it twice but that was my own fault. I had missed one step in removing the demo and it got messed up. I see that even on the Olympic Peninsula there is some improvement over the demo. I think Tacoma and the Port of Tacoma could have got some more attention but I will admit that the facts that I was born & raised there might color my opinion on that. I would like to suggest that at some point somebody consider doing detailed airports for Port Angeles Fairchild International along with the USCG air station on Ediz (pronounced as "Ed's") Hook there with some nice detail and that very nice town and also KTIW with some detail of Gig Harbor. I'd sure pay for those detailed bits of scenery and I'll bet others would as well. Tom Wunder - Order # 324258

Each of those places I mentioned show much improvement since I applied the patch. That said I still stand by my comments. Please keep in mind that I am not bashing the product. I just spent over $300 on the stuff and so far I'm not sorry about that. I own MegaSceneryEarth 1.0 for the whole state of Washington and I made the choice to ditch that in favor of FTX. So my comments are only because I would like to see it continue to improve. Am I correct in the understanding that I must reapply the patch after I install airports? If so do I need to first some how take it out? Have a great day, Tom Wunder - Order # 324258

Hi Tom,

the ideal sequence should be

However, for sure you can purchase any more sceneries and airports later (that´s the purpose of ORBX...) and add these later. But always: Install, add any patch, and then reinstall the latest library.

Then adjust the settings of each piece in FTX central, set it back to the region you want to be. And finally fly...

And for use of this forum, make your life easier: In the very top right corner of this webpage you should see "twsim" and a triangle right next to it. Click on the triangle, then click "my profile". In this profile there must be an "edit profile" button. And then you find (I think on the left side) a meny item "my signature". Into this signature you should write an order number, plus all info you want to constantly give. Save this, and you won´t need to write it again.

Stay cool, get used to the forum, FTX central and you will see: your $300 bucks are not wasted!

Hi Gerold, I think I now have the signature issue straight. Thanks. Am I correct in understanding that patches may be reapplied and the ORBX library reinstalled and those actions will copy over the files and will not cause multiple versions of files and/or libraries to be present? In other words the most current version may be applied and nothing must be uninstalled or removed first? I know I'm being very slow to learn this stuff but I am trying. Give me a little slack I'm old. ;)

Jerry & Gerold,

Hey... I can do carriage returns! That is a first for me on this forum. I'm trying out Chrome. I find it a bit strange but I guess it will make things easier here.

Guys I want to thank you for the help.

I now have the PNW, NRM, & CRM major areas installed, patched and somewhat tested.

I also had put in all the free stuff that works with PNW.

Last night I added 2WA1 Diamond Point, 74S Anacortes, & KBVS .

Following your advice after I added them I redid the PNW patch #5 and the ORBX libraries. I now have all the patches and the libraries setup on my big (3TB) E: drive so I can easily run them again as I add more. My main FSX install and the FTX stuff is on my C: drive which is only 512GB but it is a SSD (solid state drive) so my FSX flights load very quick.

Now I'm off to install 0S9 Jefferson County and then I had best get to bed as I have to be up at 2:30 AM to help my wife get up and help her get ready for work.

Thanks again. :)

Archived