Simplates X

cabnz

It's fantastic. But let me point out a few things...

The approaches included in Simplates are current. The database and navdata in FSX is 2006. Users of RXP GNS430/530, Flight1 Mustang/Cessna 182T, PMDG planes and so on have updatedable databases. RXP was good up to 2011 but is slowly aging again. We await updated navdata there from a Garmin trainer. That's how we arrived at 2011 in the sim for RXP.

For the other stuff (PMDG, Flight1 stuff), Navigraph is cheap and updates those FMS airac data cycles.

But for those that DONT want to spend money but do own a tablet or ipad, All Plates, STARS and SIDS are free for Alaska, USA and Canada and Carribean from fltplan.com and from thier MOBILE app available on both Apple and Andriod platforms. It even works on your Phone! FREE. Search your APP store for fltplan mobile. Install it. Then under Charts you can download till your blue in the face.

http://imageserver.f...droid/index.htm

Also sectionals and IFR high and low are on there as well. :)

For PC you have www.skyvector.com for free and all maps, plates, SIDS and STARS for USA and Alaska. Fun to have a cheapo little Windows laptop next to you for flying.

Simplates is great if you need worldwide though. :)

Charles.

Craig,

If you are looking for charts for a wide range of airports around the world, all in the one place, then yes, I would consider it a good purchase.

Simplates X package included all the charts in the package. The new Ultra package downloads them on demand.

Thank you, I will look into getting the ultra version I think.

Cheers

It's fantastic. But let me point out a few things...

The approaches included in Simplates are current. The database and navdata in FSX is 2006. Users of RXP GNS430/530, Flight1 Mustang/Cessna 182T, PMDG planes and so on have updatedable databases. RXP was good up to 2011 but is slowly aging again. We await updated navdata there from a Garmin trainer. That's how we arrived at 2011 in the sim for RXP.

For the other stuff (PMDG, Flight1 stuff), Navigraph is cheap and updates those FMS airac data cycles.

But for those that DONT want to spend money but do own a tablet or ipad, All Plates, STARS and SIDS are free for Alaska, USA and Canada and Carribean from fltplan.com and from thier MOBILE app available on both Apple and Andriod platforms. It even works on your Phone! FREE. Search your APP store for fltplan mobile. Install it. Then under Charts you can download till your blue in the face.

http://imageserver.f...droid/index.htm

Also sectionals and IFR high and low are on there as well. :)

For PC you have www.skyvector.com for free and all maps, plates, SIDS and STARS for USA and Alaska. Fun to have a cheapo little Windows laptop next to you for flying.

Simplates is great if you need worldwide though. :)

Charles.

Thank you for that Charles. I do fly outside of those area's so I will look at Simplates but thank you for your advise and the links - I will definately look at them too.

Cheers

Archived