Can't Install 0S9

BPL

I am unable to install 0S9. When I try, I get this error message:

Posted Image

I have the latest Orbx Libraries, and PNW has the latest patch. I've tried downloading the Libraries again and reinstalling them, and I've tried running the 0S9 installer multiple times. Nothing has worked. How do I fix this?

sorry to hear of your problems there,

please do the following for a re-install:

make sure FTX Central is set to NA

go to => ......\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA

delete the the 0S9 folder with all it's contents

go to => ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts

delete the scenerylib_US_0S9.cfg file

delete the orbx_cpl_0S9.xml file

in the same folder you will find a file named FTXConfigurator.exe right-click this and run as Administrator, this is a silent application you will not see anything happening

when done fire up fsX and the scenery database will rebuild

do a check at 0S9 and it should look like default

shutdown fsX

in case you have it, run CCleaner (get the free version) to clear out registry remnants etc

when done then re-install 0S9

after that, BEFORE restarting fsX install the latest 130320 library files

when done fire up fsX again and check 0S9

let us know how you fare

Thanks, Wolter. I have none of the 0S9 files or folders you mention. If I search "0S9" in the main FSX folder, I find numerous files in the Effects folder that appear to be from the 0S9 add-on (for example, Orbx_Sound_0S9_FBO_Controller.fx). However, the only other 0S9 files are the following BGL files that appear to be from the PNW default 0S9: ADE_FTX_PNW_0S9_Jefferson_Co_Intl.BGL, ADE_FTX_PNW_0S9_Jefferson_Co_Intl_CVX.bgl, ADE_FTX_PNW_0S9_elevation_adjustment.BGL, and ADE_FTX_PNW_0S9_elevation_adjustment.BGL. The installer always runs to 12%, then gives me the error message.

Ok, could mean two things, your DVD reader could be having an issues reading the DVD or the DVD itself is faulty.

Do you have another PC or laptop you could use? Or maybe a friend/family member's PC. Basically use another PC to copy the contents over to a USB drive and if successful that just means the DVD reader is having a problem reading that DVD. Happens randomly unfortunately.

If you encounter the same problem on the other PC, then most likely the DVD is faulty and you will need to get in touch with vendor about a replacement. Seeing you purchased through PCAviator, I am sure they will help you with this.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

I tried to copy the DVD contents to a USB drive on another PC and got an error message about the same file. That would mean that it's a problem with the disc, correct?

PC Aviator sent me a new disc, and I am still encountering the same problems. I get the same error message at 12% installation progress, and I am unable to copy the contents of the disc to my PC or to a flash drive on another PC. Either they sent me another defective disc, or it's not an issue with the disc. It seems unlikely that two discs in a row would be defective. What should I do now?

Off the top of my head I don't know of a way to check the integrity of a file on a disc but you could try making an ISO of the disc with something like PowerISO. That would get the files off of the disc, assuming that the disc isn't corrupt. There haven't been any other reports of 0S9 discs being defective so it is very strange that you would get two in a row.

Thanks, guys. I tried copying the contents of the DVD to two different USB drives on a third computer. I got the same error message.

I am currently making an ISO of the disc, although it is taking a very, very long time for some reason. It has been copying for over 24 minutes, and the estimated time remaining is over 13 hours and climbing. Is that normal?

Is there anything else I could try? Is it possible that the disc isn't the problem?

It has been copying for over 24 minutes, and the estimated time remaining is over 13 hours and climbing. Is that normal?

Now the estimated time remaining has dropped, but is still at over 7 hours. I suppose it's normal fluctuations.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived