DX9c update 11-11-2008

Just a reminder to NOT install the plug-in for validation but rather run the little application to get your validation key from your OS .

What is the difference? I would have thought one validation method is the same as the other just one is seamless/automatic the other is a manual step?

What the difference  NO "F" ing way are they the same, The WGA (Windows Genuine Advantage ) is at the least a pain at its worse it can screw your system.

Get the Validation tool only, it will verify your OS is Legit ( returning  the PC's control to you the user) and give you a code that you save in a text file to be used as and when needed,

The WGA Plugin WILL cause many problems. I have rectified far to many PC for clients as a result of these Validation Plugin.

Just another reason I NEVER turn Auto Update on

NZ255 extract them to a folder in a place such as your desktop. Then just run the setup file its in there. ;D

Btw guys i have a question i went Start/Run/dxdiag and its saying my direct x version is DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904), shouldnt it be 9.25.1476. Can someone check their dxdiag for me. Thanks! :)

Yet another warning people I make it a policy to NEVER extract to the desktop nor download direct to the same, this is IMHO a big no no, and potentially opens your system to attack from malicious programing, why because the Desktop is in fact a subfolder of your Documents and settings and is part of your user profile. You screw this and you could well be in for a complete reload. (so you can rebuild your Profile.)

Extract to a Folder with a logical structure if you like  such as D:/Downloads/System Tools/DirectX Current  and drop the files in there and then run the setup.exe or installer etc.

NZ255 extract them to a folder in a place such as your desktop. Then just run the setup file its in there. ;D

Btw guys i have a question i went Start/Run/dxdiag and its saying my direct x version is DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904), shouldnt it be 9.25.1476. Can someone check their dxdiag for me. Thanks! :)

I just installed the DX9 update as per the links above and both before and after the install it shows my DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

I'd got through the folder and actually keep all the x86 and 32 Bit files (if your system is 32 Bit) basically keep the whole folder as a zip in your archive Hard Drive,  you do have one don't you,  much easier than having to download everything again should it be necessary.

Extract to a Folder with a logical structure if you like  such as D:/Downloads/System Tools/DirectX Current  and drop the files in there and then run the setup.exe or installer etc.

I have a downloads folder to store them but I never actually thought of extracting files there in the first place, thanks for the HU! ;D

if I'm not wrong Vista runs with DX10, but again I could be wrong, but someone with Vista installed can answer that one,

I'm a little conservatie I run XPpro SP3 :D

Yeah i think your right Vista is DX10, but I dont know if it also uses DX9 as well, for DX9 games or FSX in DX9 mode,

Cheers

Jason

I'm also confused on the Vista question. I downloaded the update last night, but haven't installed it yet because of my confusion. I thought that Vista runs DX10, but when I was downloading, I looked at the list of operating systems that this DX9c is compatible with, and lo and behold, it lists all the Vista versions as well.

I'll hold off on installing till one of the tech gurus here can shed a little more light on this.

Cheers

Jack

Archived