NA PNW.005 Cumulative Patch Question

Jarm

I now have the area scenery installed and about to download and install patches. Question: The support page provides the NAPNW.005 patch and states it is a cumulative patch and includes all previous PNW 001 - 004a patches. This means I don't need to install NANRM.001 and 002 and NAPFJ.003 and NACRM.001.... Do I understand this correctly?

Well, you're talking about four different regions so you'll need to decide which region you want to apply a patch too. In your initial question, you are only speaking of "Pacific Northwest" and "NA PNW.005" is for the ORBX/FTX region, "Pacific Northwest".

However you ask, with an underline, a question about three other regions patches. "NA NRM.001 and .002" are for "Northern Rocky Mountains". "NA PFJ.003" is for "Pacific Fjords" and "NA CRM.001" is for "Central Rocky Mountains"

I don't think you want to apply those three patches to "PNW". Make sure you read all the information for each of those. If you have each of those regions, you definitely want to install those patches, but only install each for it's associated region only. So, for "PNW" I believe you understand correctly that the patch that is up currently, "NA PNW.005" is a cumulative patch and includes all previous "PNW" patches in it. So, I understand that to mean that you get all previous patches in one. So you should apply that and then you're installation of "PNW" will be up to date. After that, If you have the other three NA regions, install each patch for them next.

And as always, make sure that you set FTX Central to "North America" BEFORE applying any patch. It say's that on the patch descriptions right at the top.

Brad

Thanks for the great reply, Brad. I felt sort of dumb asking the question...but I'm actually confusing myself at this point. For the past couple of days I've been re-downloading and re-installing data for my new computer (replacing the one that crashed losing at lot of info) and my brain has become "foggy" over all the things I've had to do. :ph34r:

Hi Jarm,

I assume that Brad's detailed respond answered all your question? Also, if you re-download regions and airports be aware that many of them already are upgraded to the current service pack level. It won't hurt installing an SP on top of it but if you want to save time and bandwidth you can check your installed version first by using the Tools > Reports > FTX Products Installed menu in FTX Central.

Cheers, Holger

Archived