Takeoff from Skagway in Prepar3d with Orbx Alaska

Blackrat

Nice video of SAK in P3D and quite the awesome aircraft as well, I know I'm really enjoying it in FSX even though it does cost a little FPS hit. Do you have both FSX and P3D installed? What is the performance of OrbX Southern Alaska like when running it under P3D? How odes it compare to the performance of FSX if you have it installed?

Again, great video. I enjoy watching videos that show aircraft start-up procedures, push back/taxi and takeoffs and landings.

Thanks JF

I don't have FSX installed now, I moved over to P3D completely after running both for a few weeks and decided that P3D was definately the way to go.

The performance of OrbX Southern Alaska is good, it doesn't seem to give much of a hit to FPS at all. Obviously there is some but I can live with 25-30 fps over 35 fps considering the improvement in the overall look of the sim when flying. I just couldn't go back to stock after using Orbx.

I know a lot of people prefer photrealistic but as a low 'n' slow freak I can't get on with all the 'flat' buildings you inevitably get when flying below 2000ft. I may not be able to pick out my house with Orbx but the look and impression is far better.

Just waiting for FTXG now. John's video blew me away.

Great video!

Obviously Alaska is a must buy and it shows many areas that have to be discovered. Thank you sharing it.

Sorry for the off topic, but what is this with OPUS? I knew only about AS2012 and REX and lately I hear about OPUS constantly . Is it really that good?

Great video!

Sorry for the off topic, but what is this with OPUS? I knew only about AS2012 and REX and lately I hear about OPUS constantly . Is it really that good?

Yes!

It doesn't give you textures (you can use REX textures if you have them) but it does give a very good weather rendering system which can be run on the host machine or remotely over a network.

The program is updated constantly and downloadable from the developer's site who are more than happy to discuss improvements on their forums.

It also gives you a nice little camera positioning system that's easy to use.

I've found it quite excellent.

And to cap it all off it manages to download the current live weather in about 2 seconds which, I gather, is a lot faster than some other weather generators out there.

Archived