This doesn't seem right...

birdguy

This doesn't seem right, but it seems to work.

I have Pacific Fjords, Tongass Fjords X, and South Alaska installed.

This morning I installed UT Alaska and ran the batch file in accordnace with Holger's instructions for UT Alaska.c

I configured the scenery library as follows:

Tongass Fjords High

Tongass Fjords Low

FTX...

-

-

.-

FTX..

UT Alaska

-

-

-

UT Alaska Exclusions

I did configured GEX to enable UT Alaska.

When I checked it out all the water was missing from Tongass Fjords. At Petersburg there was forest where the bay should be and at Sitka forest extended way out into the Pacific Ocean.

The Tongass Fjords X configuration screen has no UT box to check like the one for FS2004 did.

So I moved the two Tongass Fjords sceneries BELOW UT Alaska Exclusions and all the water returned to Tongass Fjords.

But somehow this doesn't seem right. Moving around trhe sceneries I found nothing out of place, but of course I haven't examined everything. Aren't the Ultimate Terrains supposed to be at the bottom of the addon sceneries?

Noel FSS0207095

The SAK manual clearly states that Tongass Fjords X goes below All the FTX entries in the FSX Library.

In case you are not aware FTX Central will always move FTX back to the top of the library unless you place an insertion point for it in the library. If you have scenery that should be above FTX scenery be sure and make an insertion point to prevent the order from being changed each time you switch from default to an FTX scenery area.

Hi Noel,

judging by your description it sounds like you've lost the custom Tongass X terrain.cfg entries. To cross-check open the terrain.cfg file (in your main FSX folder) in Wordpad or Notepad and search for "Tongass". If no such entries show up set FTX Central to Default FSX then repair your Tongass installation via Windows Start Menu > FSAddon > Tongass Fjords FSX > Repair.

Other than that Spud is correct in that the two Tongass X entries should be below the FTX block of entries but above the Ultimate Terrain block.

Cheers, Holger

Archived