Water not blending, sharp lines and edges.

FRed Baron

http://i1357.photobu...zps8e06ff5e.jpg

http://i1357.photobu...zps307e412e.jpg

As you can see from screenshots my water doesn't blend correctly, have tried multiple installations, priority is correct, and fsx installation works fine in default mode. I have UTX and GEX as well. I have uninstalled everything but fsx and orbx and problem still persists. I have downloaded five different copies so i am pretty sure install isn't corrupt. What could this be? I love the product but I'm afraid this problem is a deal breaker for me. Please help I have purchased five hundred bucks worth of hopefully usable scenery.

The screenshots are @ KSEA but the problem persists at my Australia and England coasts as well. I have actually tried using the default water by deleting the waterclass files with limited success. Maybe that could be an option if all else fails. Hope it doesn't come to that but the plus side to that would be control over the water..REX and such. I was checking your post as well Rockliffe. Any updates on your end? Thanks to everyone in advance.

Dustin

Hi there,

blending of water textures between each other is regulated by a set of "M"-tiles, not the waterclass files. The files in question are named 902b2m11.bmp to 902b2m17.bmp and there should be a (global) set in "\Scenery\World\Texture", as well as our Orbx custom set in each region's "...08_CUSTOM\Texture" folder; for PNW that would be "{FSX}\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW08_CUSTOM\Texture".

If those are present then something else must be amiss. For example, check whether there's water texture blending outside of Orbx areas; easiest to spot in top-down view. Also, I assume you have either SP2 or Acceleration for FSX properly installed?

Cheers, Holger

Thanks for the reply; Yes Acceleration is installed the water blends fine outside Orbx areas, my install of fsx is sound (installed everything with stock cpu and memory speed and followed the proper reboots) sim runs fantastic. Checking the files mentioned there is one 902b2m11.bmp file. I dont see any for 12 thru 17? Goes from 902b2m11.bmp to 902b2m21.bmp.

Hi there,

sorry, my mistake, I meant to write 902b2m11, 902b2m21, etc. In any case there should be seven 902b2 ...bmp files.

Odd though that they seem to be present yet the blending isn't working. I don't know of any factor or setting that could cause this, especially if the landclass textures blend e correctly. We don't do anything special to the water texture blending other than providing a different version than the default blending masks (m-tiles).

I remember one customer who had a similar issue -- http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/40990-odd-squares-in-coastal-water/page__p__358917__hl__+water%20+blending#entry358917 -- but we never figured out the cause other than it being fixed by reinstalling FSX.

Cheers, Holger

It would take me about a week to reinstall fsx.....i would rather try and use default water if thats possible.....which files should be moved\deleted exactly ? I tried it once by moving all the waterclass files out of the folders , it worked great in spots revealing the default water but I didnt get all the right ones as some areas were a complete mess.

It would take me a solid week to reinstall fsx a chore I would rather skip until any other strange anomalies occur or it starts running bad. I would rather delete\move the proper water files as to use the default water. Could I please get a list of the right files? I tried it earllier by moving all the waterclass files out of the respective folders. worked fine in spots revealing the default water. I must have not got them all as some areas were a compete mess. I honestly would be fine with that, Thats for all the products BTW I have PNW,PF,CRM,NRM,EU,AND AU GOLD.

Thx,

Hi there,

all our waterclass files are in in each region's "...08_CUSTOM\Scenery" folder and clearly labelled as "_WC_". Deactivating those will return the underlying default waterclass, which will use the default waterclass textures and blendmasks in \Scenery\World\Texture.

In addition, you may also need to remove our custom water textures. They are in the corresponding "...08_CUSTOM\Texture" folders and are the 300 series of .bmp files starting with "301b2su1.bmp". You can ignore the .agn files of the same name.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks, in the event that I do reinstall everything do you recommend installing Orbx products before UTX and GEX or does it matter as long as FTX central is set to default during gex install? Man; not looking forward to that at all.

Hi there,

possibly, they definitely should have been installed with the region. For example, PNW should have 25 300-series .bmp files in \FTX_NA_PNW08_CUSTOM\Texture along with 180 300-series .agn files. Perhaps you've removed them in one of your earlier attempts to fix the blending problem? If not and can't be found anywhere I'd suggest reinstalling PNW just to see whether that perhaps fixes your issue for that region.

Cheers, Holger

Well; I have successfully reverted to default water in all regions, kind of nice to be able to change the water properties with FSWC,REX and the like.. I am sure I'll be missing out on some details, but I am cool with that. I have cloned this installation in case a total reinstall by chance puts me back to square one with this problem. I appreciate the timely replies in the matter.

Regards,

Dustin

Order Number: FSS0204764

Order Date: 2013-03-12

I have a similar problem to 'DustBeats':-

My recently (12 March 2013) installed Orbx NZ (NI & SI) scenery is showing a problem with the water textures of the coast of North Island - South Island is OK.

Instead of shades of blue, the ocean appears as what I'd describe as sandy desert. This is seen as rectangles only around the northern part of North Island, mainly on the West coast but also to a lesser extent the East coast in FSX's topdown view.

In Spot view, there is texture, viz. varying shades of yellowish brown closer to the coast and this suddenly becomes paler further out to sea. Inland water, i.e. lakes, are also affected, some being 'sandy desert' and others showing water textures going up higher land.

Looking in ...FSX\ORBX\FTX_NZNI_08_CUSTOM\TEXTURE, there are 40 files from 301b2su1.bmp to 338b2su7.bmp. Should there be more? In the corresponding folder for North Island there are 41 300-series files and there is, as I mentioned above, no problem with the ocean around South Island.

Would a reinstall of North Isalnd be likely to correct these textures? Or is this a known 'bug' in the scenery?

Hope you can help!

Archived