NZSI installation problems

RudiJG1

After searching this forum for a solution, I still can't reinstall my New Zealand scenery and could use some help, please.

When I first purchased them, I had no issues installing both NZSI and NZNI packages, and I've enjoyed them immensely. But when I began to experience this issue - http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/47397-river-mouth-texture-problems/page__hl__%2Briver+%2Bmouth - and couldn't solve it based on the advice given in that thread, I decided to bite the FSX reinstall bullet. Perhaps one of the many add-ons I had installed up til then was causing the problem.

So I've reinstalled FSX - Acceleration and now find that I can't get either of the NZ packages working. BTW, NA-PNW works fine, but even after installing that, when I then add the NZSI package, FTX Central ceases to work, and the FTX sceneries can't be activated. I've seen the FTX Central unhandled exception error, the "Duplicate Landclass - aborting FTX Central" error, and FTX Central, although launching, won't do anything about activating FTX scenery. I've tried all of the advice in this forum that my searching could come up with...however, clearly I'm missing something!

I've made sure that my AV software (Eset NOD32) was turned off during installation, I've re-downloaded from FSS the installers twice (with AV scanning OFF), FSX and FTX Central are set to run as admin, and full access to all folders is set. And again, NA-PNW works just fine...until NZSI is installed.

Any guidance offered is deeply appreciated, thanks.

Hi RudiJG1,

sorry to hear of your woes there,

When you uninstalled fsX did you un-install it completely and ran something like CCleaner to clear out the registry also dod you delete all fsX folders after un-installing it so you really where starting from scratch

you have the Acceleration pack installed, did you install that after first firing up fsX at least once and without any other addon sceneries active

I know that with Eset NOD32 you can exclude folders from being scanned continiously so I do not think that that is the issue.

make sure that you use the right key for the right scenery with installing, I have to admit that I've mixed up the North and South stuff and was wondering why it didn't work :unsure:

get the latest library files and install those previous to the NZ files see if that helps any

"Yes" to all of your questions, although I haven't been prompted for my keys upon the reinstall of either NZSI or NZNI, which I thought was odd. I even re-downloaded the installers from FSS and had my keys ready...but no prompts. A clue, perhaps?? How can I install the NZ scenery and be prompted for my keys in the process??

once the scenery has been installed on your system it saves the data so indeed there's no need to re-enter that part

maybe we can setup a skype chat or so,

Thanks, Wolter. I'll have another go tonight but may take you up on our offer if I can't make any progress. PM you to schedule time?

Tried another install of NZSI, but as soon as FTXCentral starts, I get this error again: Duplicate Landclass index 140 Aborting FTXCentral

What does that mean?

A copy of my Terrain.cfg file is here: https://dl.dropbox.c...984/terrain.cfg

When I try this solution: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/50848-ftx-centralduplicate-landclass-warning/page__hl__%2Bduplicate+%2Blandclass+%2Bindex

I get this unhandled exception:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'E:\FSX\ORBX\Scripts\Backup\BLDA2.dds'.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)

at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)

at FTXCentral.FTX_Environment.CopyBuildRestoreBat()

at FTXCentral.FTX_Environment.ApplyRegionChanges()

at FTXCentral.FTXC.Apply()

at FTXCentral.FTXC.lblApplyButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5466 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

FTXCentral

Assembly Version: 1.0.2.8

Win32 Version: 1.0.2.8

CodeBase: file:///E:/FSX/ORBX/Scripts/FTXCentral/FTXCentral.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5468 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

dsi8pmr_

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Core

Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0

Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.5420 built by: Win7SP1

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

or04ehxs

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Thanks, Tim, and I've installed the latest libraries file as directed. However, I still can't run FTXCentral due to the "Duplicate Landclass index 140 Aborting FTXCentral" error.

What's causing that?

Hi Rudi,

I'm not familiar with that particular error message but assume it does have its roots in terran.cfg. Thus, my suggestion is to make a backup copy of your current version (in the main FSX folder), put a copy of the default backup (in \ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Work) in its place, and cycle FTX Central once to re-initiate the FTX set of custom entries, hopefully without any further error messages.

I see from your terrain.cfg in the Dropbox that you also have Ultimate Terrain X installed. Assuming that the above procedures check out you'll then meed to run the Setup tool (configurator) for each UTX product in sequence to also re-initiate the UTX custom entries. Same with VancouverPlus or Tongass Fjords or VictoriaPlus, should you have those as well.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks, Holger, and that did eliminate the error messages. But FTXCentral is still non-functional...it'll show either North America or Oceania selected, but clearly the scenery is not being ordered at the top of the scenery.cfg list and in game, the textures aren't showing. FTXCentral is set to run as admin, BTW.

And even when FTXCentral is set to Default, the FTX entries still appear in the FSX scenery list as activated but down the list just above Addon Scenery. Something's not right, I know, because I had all of my FTX scenery working properly in an earlier FSX install.

I'm stumped and could sure use some guidance after 4-5 attempts to get this installed. Thanks again for bearing with me on this.

The latest will hopefully point to the primary issue I'm having with the install of NZSI.

I removed ORBX from my FSX installation completely as per this post: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/30378-uninstalling-all-orbx-products-a-quick-guide/

I then installed NA-PNW and its patch along with the latest ORBX libraries update. All worked perfectly, and FTXCentral switched NA-PNW on and off without issue.

I then installed NZSI100 and once the installer was completed, it launched FTXCentral without issue. BUT...now, selecting via FTXCentral either NA or Oceania does NOT move the FTX scenery library entries to the top of the list; rather, those are located just above the Addon scenery entry on the list.

The good news is that using FTXCentral to select Default DOES remove all FTX entries from the scenery library. But then selecting either NA or Oceania has no effect other than adding the FTX scenery entries back into the scenery library but too low to appear properly.

What might be happening here and I might I correct this? Thanks for the help!

Hi Rudi,

it could be that there's an insertion point set via FTX Central that references a location too far down. Have a look at the NZSI user guide p.7 or http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/28291-adding-a-scenery-library-insertion-point-ftxcentral-step-by-step/ to understand how that option works and then pick an insertion point that works for you.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Rudi,

it could be that there's an insertion point set via FTX Central that references a location too far down. Have a look at the NZSI user guide p.7 or http://www.orbxsyste...l-step-by-step/ to understand how that option works and then pick an insertion point that works for you.

Cheers, Holger

Thank you, Holger...that finally did the trick and all's well now. I don't know why the insertion point was so far down the scenery library, given that I had just installed FSX and ORBX sceneries. Regardless, your suggestion worked!

Archived