Orbx - FSX Go Tweak & Launch

Daddy Bear

Hello all.

I am interested in FSX Go Tweak & Launch but I am not sure if I have got the purpose of it right.

I assume that it is not a simple tool to adjust in game setting to improve performance. As I read it, it gets into the .cfg file but what I want to know is, what effect I should expect with regard to performance?

For instance, I am constantly trying to strike a balance between visuals and frame rates. I am starting to get into my helicopter flying quite a lot now and I have found that smooth FPS is actually quite important because input needs to be fluid and reasonably rapid or else the things tend to get away from me.

I have a half decent system. It is a laptop, a Dell XPS L702X, Core i7, 8Gb Ram and the 3Gb nVidia GT555M GPU so I reackon that I could get a really nice compromise going if only I knew what to do.

Does anybody have any tweaking advice and do you think that FSX Go would do me any good?

Cheers

Phil

Phil,Gday the FTX GO is simply superb as you would expect from Orbx.I use it religiously,and the price is well ridiculously cheap.As far as performance I think that is up to you regarding the settings to what your hardware can handle.I recommend the tool fully,it has helped me tailor my flights as such with settings.So what I did was gradually applied the settings to match FPS and a fluid flight.Hope that helps mate,I ain't no expert.

It's my understanding that GO simply modifies FSX.cfg. So once I have run GO once with a given setting, my FSX.cfg should be permanently modified, correct? I.e. no need to run GO again unless I want to change settings. Please confirm.

Cheers~!

Hi Phil,

you should expect no performance boost at all. FSX Go lets you set up all variables and settings in FSX. Yes, it writes into the .cfg. But it does nothing automatically. It simply allows you two set up FSX in a easy way and save this configuration. Of course you can apply all tweaks there but you have to find out for yourself the fitting ones.

I would say that FSX Go is a very handy tool for people who use different settings. I for example have three VFR settings with different autogen, scenery and traffic settings. Then I also have one for planes like the NGX with pretty low overall settings and finally one for Antarctica with very high settings. I can start FSX with the fitting settings via double click in FSX Go. That is by far faster than copying or renaming a .cfg or setting it up in FSX (which wouldnt work for me becaúse it would set back LOD).

Another very good function is that you can easily create own variables with a default value, a range and the information in which category it belongs. Afterwards you have quick access to this new variable. So no fear that it could get out of date :)

Archived