Ch Yoke / saitek Throttles

Dadtom65

Hi all

I have had Ch yoke and throttle quadrant for a while now, but have never really got into using them. All so not long ago on a whim bought two saitek throttle quadrants, not realizing you got one with the saitek yoke. Has any body else used these two items together. I have tried but they do not seem to want to work, I was wondering if it was because the yoke has throttles already on it. Am thinking about getting the Saitek yoke. perhaps this would be best. All so I expect the boss would want me to sell the Ch set before I bought the other. Life is a bitch.

Have a good day.     

I'd suspect it is because there needs to be a Saitek Yoke present for the Quadrants to plug into as this is how they work- presumably due to the USB interface inbuilt in the Yoke. As far as I am aware the Quadrant won't plug directly into a USB port on the PC.

The quadrant you get with the yoke will only work with the yoke, as it does not have the extra interface circuirty required to work independently of the yoke.

The quadrant's you purchase by themselves should work without being plugged into a yoke, as they have all the extra interface circuitry required to make them stand alone units. If you are having problems getting them to work, head over to the Saitek forums and have a hunt around (you will need to register first before you can see the useful bits of the forum). http://www.saitekforum.com/

Yes the stock quadrant supplied with the Yoke has a proprietry plug/socket combination but I believe the extra Quadrant is also required to plug into the Yoke base as well, I surmise that is why there are 3 additional USB sockets on it.  I could be wrong  just a thought.

I'd stick with the CH as despite lots of attempts adjusting sensitivity and null, the saitek yoke is really jerky, I can move it large amounts without elevator/aleiron movement,  to only suddenly have it move the elevator/aleiron a massive amount. This makes it really hard for controlled flight.    And despite emailing Saitek for help,  I have never had a reply.

Hi Ravemtech

Are you sure it's your yoke?  Saitek products are usually pretty good.  If you get this jerkiness with the sensitivities on it set high maybe you should consider something else may be causing the problem?  For instance, do you also get a stuttery/jerky flight with low frame rates or is the actual screen smooth when you are flying?

John

Hi

Just a note.

If you have the quadrent by itself use the software supplied or download an update from saitek

They definatelly will plug straight into a usb port on your computer and work fine without the need of the flight yoke.

You can have as many as you like plugged into the computer.

I use fsuip ??    think that right ... but you know the program I mean  :P  to program them for each individual engine etc.

At least you havn't wasted any money as they will work fine with the CH yoke you have bought ,they just need programming

Hi again

I forgot to add this in

the jerkiness and motion not being correct can all be fixed by tuning your units with the calibration settings.. If they are not set right then as you have said you can move the stick for mile without any motin on the controlls..once again it just comes into programming

Archived