FTX/ENG Bristol Channel - Missing tile?

Adam Banks

By the looks of it, it looks like where the default is cut off from FTX scenery. On the otherside of the channel and what looks quite clear is default Wales

Hi fiftysix! You're probably right there, but FSX continues on gaily down towards Bristol after that particular tile. Maybe a boundary needs to be adjusted <?>.

@dhasdell - thanks for the confirmation. Isn't that A2A Spit a beauty!!

Hi Guys,

Good find but unfortunately something that can't be fixed that easily. What you see there are two issues along the borderline between ENG and FSX default:

• The Bristol channel is as most other coastal areas around ENG is covered with satellite imagery to add some submerged shapes as in real world (sandbanks, various colors caused by rivers flowing onto the sea...). As the ENG scenery ends here there is a noticeable difference between default and ENG. We could have made this borderline smooth of course but then it wouldn't fit anymore to our upcoming WLS (=Wales) scenery.
  • (seen on first Adam's screenshots only and that only if you have set mesh details extremely high and are very close): A step of 2 meters between FSX default seawater and ENG water. All our seawater in ENG is set at an altitude of 0 meters. For some odd reason that's not the case in all areas of FSX default. We could have set out water around there to the same altitude as well but this again would have lead to incompatibilities with UTX Europe and WLS (that both have seawater set at 0 meters of course).
Hope that explains the situation? :)

Bests,

Sascha

Hi Sascha! Thanks for the detailed explanation. It certainly looks like it has to go in the "too hard" basket! I suppose this will all get resolved when users have both FTX ENG and FTX Wales ;). I know FSX does some pretty weird things - enough to drive people like yourselves half crazy! As a mere consumer, though, I find it amazing that a program that is so old can still do so much (as long as you have the right add-ons, that is!).

Adam.

Archived