Taxiway elevation problem at Bowerman KHQM

Hi,

there is a TXY elevation problem at KHQM when EU has been selected from the FTX Central.

Posted Image

The problem disappears when NA is selected.

I find this rather a strange problem because I thought that ORBX FTX Regions co-operate together and not having different elevations.

I have installed the latest ORBXlibs version.

Thank you for any help

Hello Tim and Wolter,

I made my mesh to 5m (it was on 1m) and the result was a bit better but not solved. I put it again to 1m, set PNW NA in FTX Central, checked many airports in PNW area and all were fine. I went back to FTX Central, and set it to EU, with the same mesh to 1m, checked the same airports in PNW area and most of the airports were fine so far; only KHQM and KORS had an elevation problem, with KORS (the default) to have a rather funny look. The RWY looks like a bridge connecting two edges of the airport. Below are two pics.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I don't know what is wrong. All installations of regions and patches ,I did according the instructions were given here.

I even checked the FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery for .bgl files that just in case there are some that are having an .OFF extension, but no all they look fine.

Tim, you said "Our North American scenery requires [North America] to be set in FTXcentral to operate as intended, this is mentioned in the user manuals". This arises one question: If I make a flight between two Regions, EU England and PNW let's say, that means arriving at an PNW airport, KORS or KHQM for example, there will be elevation problems?

Thank you of trying to help me

OK Panos,

if you fly in Europe, you set FTX Central to Europe

if you fly in North America you set FTX Central to North America

if you fly in Australia or New Zealand you set FTX Central to Oceania

Cheers. Friedi.

Edit: I forgot one thing, change from (as example) from Europe to North America, go first to Default and "Apply" and then to North America and "Apply"

Tim,

I am sorry of insisting but there is something that i don't understand. The two pictures above show KORS (the default) when EU is being set from FTX Central and as you can see there are some elevation problems. Now, selecting the same airport and PNW is set from FTX Central, then there is no elevation problem. Everything is perfect. So, to my understanding, perhaps there are some incompatibilities between the two regions because they show different elevations.

If I make a flight from EGLL to KORS and the FTX Central is being set to EU, then that means landing at KORS i will see the airport as it shown on the picture which is a problem.

Perhaps I am missing something, and I would like to know what is it.

Thank you once again

• 2 weeks later...

Panos,

if you fly from EGLL to KORS as per your example, you would need to set FTX Central to EU for your take off, then at some point over the Atlantic you need to save your flight, exit FSX, reset FTX Central to North America and then restart FSX and load your saved flight. You cannot fly seamlessly yet from one continent to another.

Cheers

Jack

Archived