FTX Wales

DjMatty2k9

DJMatty29K - :lol: ROFLMAO :lol:

I'm real looking forward to Wales too, sounds like it's gonna be EPIC! , think i need to get that new computer SOON! to fly around Wales in all its and see it in all its glory.

Sums the English up quite well I think :P

"God created beautiful Wales with this in mind"

Fabulous vid mate. It's no wonder these flyboys have gigantic egos is it? Teecee.

And I don't blame them for having gigantic egos Teecee, I probably would too if I could be doing what they do day in day out!

Beautiful but dangerous for pilots. I was a schoolboy there during the war and visited some of the crash sites in the hills off the Conway river. In one valley there was a Wellington bomber and a DC3 had flown straight into a cliff overlooking it.

We lived in Colwyn Bay and one night an aircraft circled for an hour or two over the town obviously lost. It ran out of fuel and crashed not far from us. It looked like a brand new B25 and the woman pilot must have been looking for Valley.

She'd overshot by about 50 miles.

Beautiful but dangerous for pilots. I was a schoolboy there during the war and visited some of the crash sites in the hills off the Conway river. In one valley there was a Wellington bomber and a DC3 had flown straight into a cliff overlooking it.

We lived in Colwyn Bay and one night an aircraft circled for an hour or two over the town obviously lost. It ran out of fuel and crashed not far from us. It looked like a brand new B25 and the woman pilot must have been looking for Valley.

She'd overshot by about 50 miles.

There's quite a few crash sites up in the Conwy Valley, one's been preserved on the Hillside above Dolgarrog . Also, stranded on the beach in Harlech is a P-38 Lightning named "Maid of Harlech" pictured below:

Posted Image

It's really easy to see on low tide.

Right then Domenic, we'll show you in the next game! ;)

Such a beautiful place to go walking, a view straight down into Corris, over the top towards Barmouth looking across the Afon Mawddach estuary and also down over Llyn Mwyngil towards Towyn and out to sea.

Did you spot any Aircraft flying the Loop? Great place for photography and close up action shots of the jets, or what ever else may be passing through...

Should be an absolute stunner when FTX Wales is released... I know where I'm going to be spending my time :)

Cheers

Matt

yes remember heading down the side of cadair towards Corris uchaf(think it was called that) to spend the night there.passed through Barmouth(nice beer)

unfortunately cloud was sitting right on top of cadair so couldn't really see too much until further down,came round the side of the lake at the bottom for a well earned rest.

love to do iot again .brilliant place to walk.

steve

yes remember heading down the side of cadair towards Corris uchaf(think it was called that) to spend the night there.passed through Barmouth(nice beer)

unfortunately cloud was sitting right on top of cadair so couldn't really see too much until further down,came round the side of the lake at the bottom for a well earned rest.

love to do iot again .brilliant place to walk.

steve

Yeap that's right, Uchaf means Higher, Taller or Upper. There's a lot of places in Wales, especially Snowdonia where it's absolutely beautiful to go walking.

Also I hope Aber Falls is included in detail (Pictured below), It's a really lovely place to go walking along the river, through the forests and up towards the waterfall its self.

Posted Image

Cheers

Matt.

Archived