FTX:England, Outside the UK

Jcannon83

I dont know if it helps, but in the 2nd image, the top down view, you can see squares of texture.

During the flight, some of these squares where displaying entire continents, as in, one square was the entire north america at the same time I could see China and Japan. I shall try to recreate to show you.

Here you can see Spain, Italy and Austrailia.

Posted Image

Here is Dubai, and you can clearly see two coast lines with palms.

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

I've had quite a bit of this. Table Mountain at Capetown was splattered with coastal tiles, and a third-party scenery of St-Mandrier near Toulon, and others.

I simply turned off FTX-EU (and went to default) and the problem was gone. Presume the same would apply after the England patch.

I also guess that as Orbx expands to other parts of Europe there will be no issues, and you don't need EU active for Africa! And then there's Global, in due course. Am I missing something here, not seeing any problem?

The whole idea of FTX Central is to enable you to switch to default when you're outside an FTX region; that's been our advice from day one and its also mentioned in all the user guides for regions.

We have recently been getting the expectation from customers since FTX England was released that this rule no longer applies, which is not the case at all.

Hi JV

I think most of us may have thought the switch would be required only outside of the EU not just England.

Indeed....or that the switch would only be required if we were flying in between different FTX areas (i.e. FTX Eu & FTX PNW) not flying to/from default.

Certainly as those of us that fly the tubes can't wait to fly outside our own shores (especially with this weather!!) to/from Southern Europe!!

Regards

Steve

Indeed....or that the switch would only be required if we were flying in between different FTX areas (i.e. FTX Eu & FTX PNW) not flying to/from default.

Certainly as those of us that fly the tubes can't wait to fly outside our own shores (especially with this weather!!) to/from Southern Europe!!

Regards

Steve

Im not sure where this leaves me personally?

I can't use EU_England for R/W practice (not accurate enough) but that was only a limited amount of sim time for me anyway. I got England looking good for my Tubeliner flights which mean I have to fly into Europe at the very least - This is also not possible now ???

I really like Goodwood and I do enjoy doing some GA IFR so thats all that is left I suppose

The whole idea of FTX Central is to enable you to switch to default when you're outside an FTX region; that's been our advice from day one and its also mentioned in all the user guides for regions.

We have recently been getting the expectation from customers since FTX England was released that this rule no longer applies, which is not the case at all.

JV Can you please clarify if the above implies that this will *NOT* be fixed please?

I know the switch and I know the functionality and the purpose of the switch. This all is no problem when flying in England only... but I think a lot of us want to fly to or from England from/to a lot of other countries in Europe. That's the problem.

I tested SP1 already and thankfully for me all the graphical glitches are gone now. Will do some further testing and I hope the service pack works for all of you too!

I'm glad I wasn't as wrong as I thought! 8) I took it that "Default" was the correct selection for anywhere NOT developed by Orbx - which presently means Europe except for England, and certainly Africa! Having said that, though, I fly most of France (especially Alsace which has some nice VFR addons) with EU on, it's just bad at one point I've found so far, which happened to have an addon scenery. Likewise my Capetown problem uses Aeroworx landclass etc. but I've seen the problem nowhere else yet.

So maybe the tube fliers have a fighting chance if they fly with EU on. Otherwise I imagine it's a matter of saving, and changing regions over the Channel.

Archived