HELP! Had ORBX NA and Oceana no issues. Added AU Blue and BOOM. Dead.

cvearl

OK. I had all of ORBX NA regions and a handful of airports all updated to latest and running great for months. Added NZSI and NZNI and patched recently and all was well. In FTX Central I had FSX Default, North America and Oceana and could go back and fourth no problem. Had latest libraries.

Bought and added FTX AU Blue SP3 download. Patched to SP4. FTX Central showed now Australia and North America and no Oceana. Checked the FAQS and JV had a post in there that if you added AU AFTER any New Zealand stuff to run the NZSI SP1 patch. I have done that. Now I have Oceana back in there. Switched to it and applied and went to go fly and I am dead in the water.

Loading progress bar stops at "Loading Air TRaffic Control" 83%. Wont go further. I have tried twice. Please help!

Charles.

Ok I think this is an problem with the new FTX NA traffic. I loaded that and flew with it 1.1 yesterday around the NRM region. Then today added AU blue and this all started. I have since ran the new SP2 for NZSI followed by latest libraries. Back to troubleshooting.

NA mode = frozen load at 86% loading air land and sea traffic at any NA airport.

Oceana mode = frozen at 83% loading air traffic control at any AU airport.

FSX default = SUCCESS.

Back to NA mode but disable all traffic in fsx settings traffic tab = SUCCESS

Back to Oceania but disabled all traffic = fail. Stuck at 83% still.

Trying NZSI scenery NZAP = same error loading atc at 83%.

Btw - in the ORBX NA GA AI control panel, I get an error when I click to enable NA large Business AI traffic. Error = could not switch option NA Large Business blah blah blah. Ga option can be toggled on and off.

I have a headache.

C.

Reinstalled all regions and patched. In this order...

All NA

AU blue

Both NZ

Latest libraries.

Cannot load past 83% atc loading stage in Oceania.

I just rebuilt this setup a month ago. Not sure I can stand to again. But I just bought 130 bucks worth of scenery, 3 new planes and a Cessna Pro Yoke. I sure hope this is a smile fix and soon.

I think FTX NA traffic might have broken something.

C.

I'm not quite sure why the AI traffic file would cause your load to stall as it is only made up of aircraft folders and traffic files. It is always possible that you have a corrupt aircraft folder or file but I would doubt that as there are no aircraft folders included in V1.1 as these were all installed with V1.0.

We could try a number of things but I would suggest the best solution would be to just remove FTX NA GA AI traffic and reinstall. That would resolve the control panel issue as well. Refer to page 9 of the User Guide for the 4 steps involved in deleting the entire traffic pack.

There are no embedded files or registry entries with the FTX AI Traffic packs so removal is quite simple and no other reinstalls would be required if indeed the Traffic pack is the cause of the problem.

Let us know how you get on.

I'm not quite sure why the AI traffic file would cause your load to stall as it is only made up of aircraft folders and traffic files. It is always possible that you have a corrupt aircraft folder or file but I would doubt that as there are no aircraft folders included in V1.1 as these were all installed with V1.0.

We could try a number of things but I would suggest the best solution would be to just remove FTX NA GA AI traffic and reinstall. That would resolve the control panel issue as well. Refer to page 9 of the User Guide for the 4 steps involved in deleting the entire traffic pack.

There are no embedded files or registry entries with the FTX AI Traffic packs so removal is quite simple and no other reinstalls would be required if indeed the Traffic pack is the cause of the problem.

Let us know how you get on.

After removal of the AI traffic reinstall it? What if I want to try fsx default?

C.

Ok I'll try this later. A buddy and I are going flying this morning. Leaving from the real CEN4 in his 210B for A little Calgary flight seeing tour. Then I should be relaxed and ready to go back to work on this issue. I'll report back.

Thank you so much for helping me along here.

C.

To add to this I tried to use the AI traffic files also and my system stalled at 83-87% loading of FSX. I have had this same problem when the FSX is trying to load up an aircraft file which is missing or incomplete. Sorry to say I have removed the traffic from my system and all went back to normal. There is something I have in my files, an add-on or program, which is not compatable with it.

Someday I will find it and work around it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi There,

I have got the same trouble as Charles: At least all my US sceneries work, with full FTX NA AI traffic. Australia default scenery also works. But... my newly purchased Australia SP4 worked only until I started the FTX AU traffic for the first time. Since that day:

AU mode = frozen at 83% loading air traffic control at any AU airport.

FSX default = SUCCESS.

Back to NA mode enabled all traffic in fsx settings traffic tab = SUCCESS

Back to Oceania but disabled all traffic = fail. Stuck at 83% still.

And like Charles I am quite unhappy being completely unable to use my AU sceneries at all. I will now uninstall & reinstall AU traffic and revert, but let me state two messages:

Charles, you are not alone with this problem.

Orbx, there is some trouble with your current FTX AI traffic.

Dear Graham, Charles, Wayne, and the other enthusiasts suffering the same problem,

Grahams corrections mentioned in his post http://www.orbxsyste...i-traffic-v110/ indeed work! Long trouble has ended, and a joyful weekend in virtual Australia can begin. Thanks Graham, and - let me suggest you also publish this substantial help into the "latest news" area also, as the patches usually are noticed very fast there.

Thanks &

Archived