Martins Bay Lodge NZMF

Bassman

What a gem of a scenery package is NZMF!!!

What a nasty little field Martins Bay Lodge is...can't Orbx buy some chain saws and remove the trees from the river end of the runway please :) :) :)

Meery xmas and Happy New Year to all.

Dan

Bought it yesterday night, late, download was slow on my 3G connection. So wile it was downloading we (friend and family) went downstairs on my FSX rig so they could have a shot at flying a plane (it will be the closest for them as to flying a plane ever), all never tried. I put them at NZMF (without the scenery installed FSS0194754), none was able to stay even on the runway, ha ha ha, finally one was able to take off and went in the mountain at a dead end. The little Twin Otter was working hard to climb and finally crashed. We had a blast until we where all to drunk. So now I have the Libraries, NZMF, the SP1 and will have a blast later today.

Don't forget NZSI Service Pack 2 before you install NZMF something about elevations I think. Also I am not sure of NZSI Service Pack 2 includes Service Pack 1??

Recommend that you read the unzipped manual before installing.

Also, the latest libraries are already included ion NZMF.

Cheers Dan

I went on a scenic flight from Quintin Lodge some years ago. The plane was a Mt Cook Cessna 180 , I think. The Orbx scenery looks just like what I remember from that flight, particularly having to turn left as soon as we left the ground to avoid the mountain. The only thing missing is the noise. The noise reverberating off the granite walls was incredible, climbing up into some of the valleys.

Cheers

Archived