A little disappointed

bailout3

This company has been outstanding in providing the best area scenery since FSX began but I'm a little disappointed about EU England so far. I find it not near as good as Rockies & AU. The roads are brutal (greenish tinge same colour as landscape) with little traffic. The landscape does not look realistic and heavy frame rates (worse then Seattle) within 50 miles around London area with same settings I use for most other FTX areas . The trees look manufactured not near the same quality as other FTX. It is a better product then FSX default but needs much improvement. Some areas are well done like the huge tank farm & coastal area around Newcastle. You would think that the frame rates would be heavy there but they are not. I think EU England can be improved & will be improved ASAP ..the track record of FTX is awesome so I'm not worried about the future but I really do think the authors need to concentrate their time on improving England before they bring out other detailed airports. It's just my opinion.

I see the release of the UK as a great start. Yes, there is room for improvement in many areas, but in all honesty, we need to give the team time to work on the first update, and be happy that this great start has been made.

If I were to point to any specific area in need of work, I would have to say coastlines, and more importantly the underlying mesh. These things will come I am sure.

Does Anyone remember the early days of FSX? most of us took one look and took the program out of our systems it was so bad, and look at it today, unrecognizable as the original product.. Teecee.

Airports and regions as a general rule are done by separate teams whose projects do not tend to overlap or interfere.

Check around the support forum and there are several very large discussions relating to bugs and features. The UK team is very on top of things :)

I fully agree that no doubt this product will improve greatly and it sure is a huge improvement over FSX default. I guess I have been spoiled by the other sceneries but I know this is a quality company which will definitly improve EU. That is good to know there are separate teams working on these projects...I don't know how all this comes together but I take my hat off to all who are involved.

Having outstanding ORBX products already I am still hesitating about this release in some point.

Overall I find it really nice but after weeks of flying over the new England scenery, I simply can't get over some of the autogens which downgrade the overall feeling of this beautiful scenery.

While I like the trees I am seriously struggling with the buildings.

I really miss the iconic red brick houses, along with the light brown bricks, grey stones. The landscape in England is dominated by these colours (mostly by the red brick) and I can't feel I am flying over England in this term. A good patch of the autogen buildings would be very-very welcome...

The whole Britain is peppered with medieval historic buildings. I would be happy with castles (the Norman-type of castles are very easy and forgiving to design as autogen objects and there are plenty of them to place), I miss those churches in towns and villages (but found some nice cathedrals, thank you ORBX!), the Georgian and Victorian buildings which are also very representative in English landscape.

England without it's historical buildings makes the whole taste inaccurate for me. This is not a bug, it's only mater of the autogen I think.

On the other hand I am really happy because this is an ORBX product and that means a guarantee.

Looking forward to future corrections! :)

Archived