The Everglades National Park from the air

alexf

Not bumpy at all. No windows and dirty glass to contend with either. Low and slow.

Of course higher speeds are needed. I shot anywhere from 1/800 to 1/5000. I was trying to keep the aperture between f/6.3 and f/8 most times. When cloudy I had to bump to ISO 400 to attain it bust most of the shots (many still unposted) are at ISO 200. The weather was sunny but awful in the distance (as you can see). We did go through a shower.

This time I tried with a different setup, D700 and 50/1.8

Had not used this lens in aerials before. I generally for for a little longer FL, but knew we would fly low and the small size of the lens makes it easier to handle in the slipstream up to (90mph).

This is me by the plane on that day. Admire the classy outfit <grin>

Posted Image

Great shots!, Alex. The clouds and their shadows are magnificent. That last shot is the best. (not you and the piper -- the egret and shadow and great looking water)

I once took a picture of a gull against a sky with a cloud that resembled a bird but no one got it until I pointed it out.

Oh well :)

Thanks for posting the shots Alex. I love all your work. However, my impressions of the everglades is shattered forever. I always had the thought they were lush and green with large trees in the water with hanging moss. And the last shot seems to show rubbish. :'( :'( :'(

Thanks for posting the shots Alex. I love all your work. However, my impressions of the everglades is shattered forever. I always had the thought they were lush and green with large trees in the water with hanging moss. And the last shot seems to show rubbish. :'( :'( :'(

No, what you are thinking of are the Bayous of Southern Louisiana maybe. Some places in Central Florida are like that too. Not the Everglades, "the river of grass". it is basically a very wide, very shallow, very slow moving river.

As per the rubbish, it is not common. This is a man-made canal and I guess these are the "gifts" of some fishermen, unfortunately. Definitely not common.

No, what you are thinking of are the Bayous of Southern Louisiana maybe. Some places in Central Florida are like that too. Not the Everglades, "the river of grass". it is basically a very wide, very shallow, very slow moving river.

As per the rubbish, it is not common. This is a man-made canal and I guess these are the "gifts" of some fishermen, unfortunately. Definitely not common.

Thanks for the explanation Alex. Just goes to show I'm never to old to learn. ^-^ As for the rubbish, sadly there are thoughtless and lazy people everywhere and it makes me very angry. >:(

Archived