McAfee SecurityCentre issue

buggerup

Hi Guys I have a annoying little issue. I use McAfee SecurityCentre which I've paid for so i'm stuck with it. It does a scan every day and every day it gets caught on the ORBX scenery files. I think the zip files may by to big for it to cope with. Can annyone direct my to a solution to this please. BTW i'm just loving AU_Green.

Cheers

Buggerup  ;)

You can change when and if McAfee does a scheduled scan of your computer.

Open the McAfee Security Center Basic Menu

Under Common Tasks, click Home.

On the Home pane, click Computer & Files.

In the Computer & Files information area, click Configure.

On the Computer & Files Configuration pane, ensure that virus protection is enabled, and click Advanced.

Click Scheduled Scan in the Virus Protection pane.

You can then change a scheduled scan as appropriate or you can disable a scheduled scan by unticking Enable scheduled scanning.

Click OK.

I have to agree with Wolter, I also use NOD32, and you can tell it to exclude your FSX directory if you want. That way you can do a manual scan on that directory when required.

Ive got Mcaphee and when my 12 months is up I wont be  doing it again. Ive run it and it gives me the all clear . We had some attack on the computer, ran Mcaphee which gave us the all clear then ran spybot which did the job. spybot is freeware.

;D

If you use the advanced view, you can tell McAfee not to scan zip files. I had the same problem with it hanging on the AU Gold zipfile. I disable the scheduler, and just run it myself once a week.

Sue

Archived