New Zealand NI Install Problems

CptBlackadder

Wonder if you have any suggestions -

I have around 14 ORBX products installed via a crucial 128Mb SSD for MS FSX SP2, without any problem during previous installs. Unfortunately NZNI is giving me a headache.

After unzipping to a new directory folder, following download, everything appears to unwrap with the install screen appearing. The install to my FSX root folder last about 2 seconds!

In FTX central, NZNI hasn't installed, which is confirmed when I look at the scenery files in FSX. It is as if there has been a "ghost" install, really strange, is there a known history of this?

Two downloads from different servers (fss) have been made followed up with fresh NZNI installs, with the same result.

Thanks - Mark

Hi Holger,

Thanks for replying. My SSD reports 5.95GB space free, so there should be enough.

Just some more information, the product takes around 5 minutes to unwrap prior to the install screen appearing is this normal, I also have NZSI installed on the same SSD (without any problems) would this have any affect on the install for NZNI?

I would like to remind that NZNI has a size of about 5.2 GB unpacked.

It it possible to give your SSD some more space, temporarily?

Try installing again after that.

(A friend of mine had the very same problem. NZNI didn't install without further notice. After giving more space installation wasn't a problem anymore)

Thanks for both your responses -

After going back to my SSD following Holgers comments, I found it was incorrectly reporting free space until I emptied the recycle sector. Another install of NZNI was still unsucessful.

I then uninstalled NZSI, then tried a reinstall of NZNI.....success. The NZNI & NZSI unpack sizes are a major factor, for future reference are they notified anywhere, the only sizes I can recall are the download file sizes, which are smaller?

Cheers & thanks a lot for the help - Mark

Download files are normally packed due to their size to keep download times lower.

Considering the download size you can basically expect about 30 - 45% more size when it's unpacked.

(Some software companies provide on their websites an information about the unpacked file size, to have an idea about the needed free space on the hard disk)

Archived