My 1st ORBX problem NRM

RobertBob

Bought and installed this morning, loaded up my fav airport KFCA and ended up sitting in a trench..

The whole airport is sitting several feet below the proper elevation so something must have gone wrong with my installation.

Tried Missoula ... all OK

Spokane .. sitting in an even deeper trench same for Nelson in BC ..thats as far as I went.

In order I have bought/installed ...without any problems

All 4 regions AUS

PFJ

CRM + patch

and NRM which has gone terribly wrong.

As always I had set to default FSX before installing NRM

With the last CRM installed I ran the 121117 library

With NRM download I got

FTXNANRM110.2 1,347,343 KB

Important_Read_me 1kb

OrbxFTXNABlueNRM100 1,956114 KB

As always I carefully waited for installation before clicking Finish.

Set back to North America.

Loaded KFCA ... sitting in trench

Kept it at North America

Ran OrbxFTXNABlueNRMPatch001

Loaded KFCA ..still sitting in trench.

Have not run any library other than mentioned above

I have only UTX ..nothing else

So what went wrong with my installation .. am I missing a file ? did I follow the wrong procedure ?

Order Number: FSS0188998

Order Date: 2012-11-23

Thank you

Robert

Well I tried setting default FSX everything as should be

Back to North America..

Srill deeply entrenched ...NOT just KFCA but also Spopkane etc

Tim the 4 files for KFCA I found

ADE-FTX_NRM_KFCA ..... extensions

bgl

cvx

elevation adjustment

elevation adjustment

Robert

Hi Robert,

Looks like you have no conflicting files from other addons (AI traffic etc..) and it looks like its happening at more than one airport, so we'll do the full-fix

1 - Set FTXcentral to [North America]

2 - Browse to FSX/Scenery/world/scenery

3 - Sort the folder by 'name' and look for any NRM tagged 'elevation adjustment' files and delete them (should be 69 of them) ... for example: ADE_FTX_NRM_KFCA_elevation_adjustment

4 - Download and unzip the attached file below and drop the contents into FSX/Scenery/World/Scenery

Should be all fine after that

Cheers

Tim

NRM_elevation_adjustment_files.zip

Tried that Tim, deleted the 69 elevation files and copied over the new ones into scenery\world\scenery

No Joy, still deeply entrenched.

Its definately an elevation problem since the textures part installed OK.

Did a flight from a CRM airport , all new textures, very nice, on approach to KFCA instead of seeing runway there was only snow with some greyish lines in places.

Landed , crashed through snow onto the runway which now showed clearly BUT nothing on the sides except solid walls.

Same at Spokane etc ..

The other elevation adjustment reference ADE_FTXNRM_KFCA_elevation_adjustment\ORBX\Scripts\Customna\OFF

I guess I had to strike out sooner or later ..just isnt my day.

Any ideas ?

Robert

Like I said ..its just not my day

Took some lovely pictures, followed your excellent instructions re UPLOADING

Got to the upload page and everything is just as you illustrated EXCEPT there was no SELECT FILES Square to click ...Just a blank white background with everything else

just as per your photo

I don't know if there was anything I did wrong ?

Just out of curiosity ...Since its obviously an elevation adjustment problem ... I got the bright idea to remove JUST the KFCA one from the scenery\world\scenery folder and VOILA

no more trenches, sitting on top ao the runway and all taxi paths are back and normal and all new textures and autogen are visible (very nice)

Left Spokane in .. went there, still sitting in a deep gully.

My main concern is KFCA ..thats my HUB where my FSpassangers fly out of and make my company profitable.

Its the main reason I bought NRM

I have found a solution of sorts which make this airport usable but its obviously not the way its meant to be.

As you noted there are no visible conflicts...am I the only one with problems at NRM or have others reported similar issues.

Got some lovely pictures to post but can't for the moment for above reasons

Robert

This is for ftx admins for the above poster for some reason he cannot sign in for some reason since he thinks he is now banned for posting this thread, and since i have read the thread he hasnt done anything that warrants it unless i missed something. He keeps on gettting this SORRY you do not have permission for this

YOU ARE NOT allowed to visit this Community. So ws wondering if you possible look into his details thx

This is for ftx admins for the above poster for some reason he cannot sign in for some reason since he thinks he is now banned for posting this thread, and since i have read the thread he hasnt done anything that warrants it unless i missed something. He keeps on gettting this SORRY you do not have permission for this

YOU ARE NOT allowed to visit this Community. So ws wondering if you possible look into his details thx

He's not at all banned, it appears he did not post on the validation thread and so the system caught up and locked the account until a validation post is made. I believe all new users receive an email or PM with these instructions but occasionally it is missed.

Well i am back in .. so I would like to resolve this issue if possible.

I can not post any screen shots because of the reason before so will describe it as best as I can , hopefully it may be enough.

Everything installed properly as with my prior 6 purchases from you.

I have only UTX ..nothing else which could cause the conflict

I can see the new autogen and landclass outside the airport parameters which are fairly small anyway.

The fault seems to lie with the 69 elevation_adjustment.bgls in the w\s\s folder.

They take the normal runways and actually sink them into a depression.

If you YAW out of it you can just see the top of the fenceline and the runway sinks beneath the snow/grass

Spokane seems to be worse in a deeper gully.

I have solved the problem by deleting all 69 bgls and I now have the runways and taxiways back at normal elevation and I can taxi/land/takeoff normally.

HOWEVER

This can not be the proper solution since you have sold thousands of NRM packages and I didn't see similar postings so it must be unique to my system somehow.

I have had FSX for 2 months so its basically a new installation.

I have had ORBX for 1 month and planned to cover the whole world with your products as they become available

SO I Hate messing with things that I don't understand or , it has fixed my problem for now BUT WHY , I don't know if removing these 69 elevation adjustment files will have consequences further down the road.

If you have any suggestions as to why this has happened on my system please advise

Robert

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spent the day trying different browsers till I finally found one that displayed the download icon.

My 1st go at posting pictures.

Hope it works

I have written the comments onto the pictures

The first lot are all my HUB airport (the reason I bought NRM ...KFCA

Last 2 are Spokane

Hi there,

can you check that you have four active FTX_NA_NRM entries in your scenery library menu? From your screenshots (and something we wouldn't have been able to figure out from verbal descriptions) I can see that NRM isn't active except for the airports. All the ground textures, landscape components, and autogen remain default FSX, which explains the clash with our airport elevation files.

Cheers, Holger

Hello

Default FSX must be better than I thought.

I have flown in the area and I could have sworn that I saw you lovely rendered green field circles etc.

Guess old age is catching up with me.

1 have 4 entries for PFJ

1 have 4 entries for CRM

I have no entries for NRM.

Hi there,

first check that you have a file named "scenerylib_NA_NRM.cfg" in \ORBX\Scripts. If that's the case then start FTX Central and switch it once to Default FSX and back again to North America. Next time you start FSX the four NRM entries should be in your scenery library menu.

If there is no "scenerylib_NA_NRM.cfg" file I'd suggest a re-installation of NRM. Make sure FTX Central is set to North America then run the installer .exe again.

Cheers, Holger

Getting more interesting and confusing as to what I am seeing.

I've made a lot of wrong assumptions in the last 5 days and dont want to go down that path again.

I am doing my best to follow your instructions and I believe that I have done so but since a picture is worth a 1000 words this is whats happening.

I replaced the 69 e_a_bgls that Tim sent me back into the S\W\S folder

Posted Image

I switched to Default FSX and wanted to see what happened to the scenery prioroty.

I seem to remember when I did this in the past all FTXAA references were removed and I was back to my standard stuff like Areas and UTX were back on top ..NOT this time

I am not sure of anything anymore so here it is

Posted Image

I exited , Switched back to NAmerican region loaded up, had a look at scenery prioroties and it was exactly the same as for Default ??

Had a look for the 4 NRM entries ..still nothing

Posted Image

As you can see the one you mentioned is there

Posted Image

And so at last we come to the end of this saga ...I believe.

Since you gave me an idea what to look for ...everything was exactly as pictured above.

The scenerylib_NA_NRM.cfg" in \ORBX\Scripts was where it should have been but it just was not adding it to the library.

I then looked in the FTX_NA folder and among the 4 PFJ and CRM folders there were also the 4 NRM folders.

So it occured to me to add them manually from the scenery config screen, I moved them down in proper order between the CRM and PFJ entries.

Fired up KFCA , troughs gone, flat as a pancake, and the scenery looks different.

I now get this

Posted Image

Is that snow or something else maybe ?

Posted Image

Looks more like ORBX stuff

Posted Image

The only thing that still MAY be a problem... the fact that with FSX default selected the ORB libraries still had top prioroty

Hi there,

thanks for the additional screenshots. It does look from the last set that NRM is now active.

Odd though about the scenery library menu not changing. Assuming you operate FTX Central correctly -- selecting a region icon or Default and then pressing Apply before closing -- it may be that you scenery.cfg file has become write-protected or is guarded by an overly sensitive antivirus tool. Otherwise it's difficult to explain why the FTX entries don't disappear as they should when you switch FTX Central to Default.

The FSX scenery.cfg file resides in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX. Navigate to that folder, then right-click on scenery.cfg and select Properties. In the General tab make sure that the "Read-only" checkbox is empty and in the Security tab that you have full read & write access for all listed users.

Cheers, Holger

I have been switching between the regions to see if the prioroties would change and I always click the apply button.

It used to change in the past as I seem to remember but not this time.

The only chamges from that time is that i installed the NRM scenery

The NRM Patch

and Library 121117

I dont know much about the workings of the scenery.config but this is what I am seeing

Posted Image

Posted Image

I don't know if I need to modify anything there

Hi RobertBob,

well, those permission settings look OK to me meaning we can exclude that as a cause of the issue. Something else to try is to run FTX Central as Administrator: rather than double-clicking on the FTX Central icon, right-click on it an select Run as Administrator. I don't really think that'll make a difference but I'm running out of ideas...

Apparently, it all worked as intended for your previous installations of the other regions so something must have changed since then external to Orbx/FTX given that neither our installation procedure nor FTX Central itself are different with NRM.

Cheers, Holger

I want to thank you for your patience and all the ideas put forward.

If not for that I would not have thought to manually add the 4 folders to the scenery library.

I remember and admire all the great work you did for us in my Fs9 days with Glacier Bay etc ..that was payware quality stuff all for free

Even though I probably don't have to I always run everything as administrator out of habbit, double checked, didn't make a difference.

I have added absolutely nothing to the computer appart from what I mentioned above.

As you can see from the lack of icons on some screen shots my C: drive is basically an empty slate.

Library #121117 doesn't seem to be in the download section any more, but I suppose you have already considerd that.

I guess my only remaining option is to manually delete all the FTXA entries in the same fashion as I added the 4 NRM ones which will take me back to my Hawaii, afcad files, UTX

as the top listings if I fly outside ORB areas

The only problem with that since default FSX doesnt work, Australia may not either. I seem to be locked on North America for good.

If you have no more to offer that may be my only remaining options but I want to thank you for trying.

Regards

Robert

• 11 months later...

Well  a year has gone by and its still marked "active" buried somewhere in the back vault of year old posts.

For months after my unsolved problem started I had to manually add - delete entries when switching areas.

Doable but tedious.

I am happy to report that with the demise oh FSX Default ..replaced by Global switch everything is back to normal and works as should be , no more manual entries.

I also downloaded the latest service pack for Australia and installed (with some trepidation after reading some of the problems people were having)

and went without a hitch... narry a problem, did the latest libraries so everything is up to date  and running smoothly.

The fact that there is absolutely nothing else apart from ORBX stuff on my computer probably helped... REX and FsGenesis don't bother it

So if you wish to mark as "resolved" please do

Rob

Archived