England /Wales

lthendrix

Hey Loren,

England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland are all individual countries, within the United Kingdom of Great Britain. A lot of people overseas get confused so don't worry. I know a lot of Americans for example, that refer to the whole of Britain as "England". :)

The sovereign nation is the UK (or Great Britain if you like)..... but the united countries within it are England, Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland.

:)

Hey Loren,

England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland are all individual countries, within the United Kingdom of Great Britain. A lot of people overseas get confused so don't worry. I know a lot of Americans for example, that refer to the whole of Britain as "England". :)

The sovereign nation is the UK (or Great Britain if you like)..... but the united countries within it are England, Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland.

:)

I'm looking forward to you explaining the Commonwealth next David, and maybe a follow-up for the Empire :)

Edit.....Jetstreamguy's video says it all :wacko:

Paul

Hi all since my original post I have really learned alot and am getting ready to watch the video from jetstreamguy,

thanks David Rogers I knew Scotland and Ireland were separate but being from across the pond I thought Wales was just part of England.

I guess it can be offensive to some so sorry if anyone was. Off to watch the video now thanks again.

Wow I watched the video but as they say the more you learn the less you know. now Im really confused :D

Don't worry so much about it Loren, it is also funny how little people know about the USA sometimes.

I was travelling with a girl from New Mexico last year around New Zealand and Australia, and everywhere she went people would ask where you from??? She would say New Mexico, and people would say "Oh I Love Mexican Food".

She would hate that. It is kind of the same thing really as easy to insult an American as well. I think these sort of mistakes are common regardless of what country you may come from.

Cheers :D

Archived